When does he sign

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
The Waffle man is going to lose his **** when he sees Matthews contract! lol

It would be ridiculous if it's $11m over 5 years...$11m over 6 years I could see...Matthews is not as good as McDavid. If McDavid was on this Leafs team, he would be on pace for 140 pts as the other teams wouldn't be able to just zone in on him due to the Leafs' depth.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
You said he's paid 7.5M per. That's not true. He is paid a total 41.77 million over 6 years for 6.96 per year.

My definition of "he gets paid X" is that X is the amount he gets paid. Not what he could have been paid if circumstances were different.
Lol keep spinning.

You are wrong and you seem to struggle with that.

He is paid 7.5 million a year. This year he is paid 7.5 less the amount he did not earn as he did not play. Really not that difficult to understand.

Just like anyone who works. I get a job that pays me a salary of $120000 a year and I start work on April 1st of the year and earn $90000 for the year and the next 5 years I earn $120000 a year. How much is my salary per year. $120000.

Now over the 6 years my average would be $115000. Thad does not make my yearly salary $115000, it is still $120000 as that is the amount I earn for every full year I work.

If You can not grasp that then I give up.

Reactions: dsred

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
This is the picture the Toronto Star is using for an opinion article written by Dave "Ask The Parents About Their Son's Concussion" Feschuk. What a rag.

matthews.jpg

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
The player can sit until July 1 if he doesn’t like the GMs offer. Nothing the GM can do about it either.
The gm doesn't ever need to offer a contract. Nothing the agent/player can do about it either. Sure, they can try to get an offer sheet. But teams have to give up too many picks to typically make offer sheets worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad