Rumor: Matthews and Leafs discussing contract - Part II

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
10-11 for 8 years IMO, 10 if he really wants to help out the Leafs

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
If Matthews value is 13M X 8 next summer it's going to be nice having a 50 goal Conn Smythe winner on the Leafs though.

It’s a lost cause some people seem to think if his agent demands it then it has to happen.

I’m looking forward to his signing so we can stop seeing ridiculous numbers and people suggesting an offer sheet is going to happen.

Reactions: Elephanto

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
It’s a lost cause some people seem to think if his agent demands it then it has to happen.

I’m looking forward to his signing so we can stop seeing ridiculous numbers and people suggesting an offer sheet is going to happen.

Eh there's all kinds and all ages on here. You just gotta laugh and realize it's not worth getting too worked up about.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Have you figured out the difference in salary negotiation and leverage between UFA’s and RFA’s yet?
It doesn't matter here. Matthews is the face of the franchise, and the centerpiece of the Leafs rebuild. He is going to get paid. More condescending BS...Have you figured out that you don't have to be hostile and condescending every time someone has a different opinion than you yet?

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
It doesn't matter here. Matthews is the face of the franchise, and the centerpiece of the Leafs rebuild he is going to get paid. More condescending BS...

Many players are the face of the franchise that doesn’t mean anything in a negotiation. His closest comparable players are Eichel and McDavid, neither make 13.5 million.

We’re not going to agree and that’s fine but there is a reason my estimate is closer to everyone else’s and yours is so high. You’re welcome to believe what you want but deep down you know your numbers are inflated.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Eichel cap hit was “x” % of the cap at the time he signed his deal.

McDavid cap hit was “x” % of the cap at the time he signed his deal.

AM’s % of new cap, will be some where between Eichel’s % and McDavid %....that will determine his actual AAV. Too lazy to look up both Eichel % and McDavid % at the time of contracts signed.

IMO

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Many players are the face of the franchise that doesn’t mean anything in a negotiation. His closest comparable players are Eichel and McDavid, neither make 13.5 million.

We’re not going to agree and that’s fine but there is a reason my estimate is closer to everyone else’s and yours is so high. You’re welcome to believe what you want but deep down you know your numbers are inflated.
Yeah, I don't think so buddy. It's my opinion. It's as simple as that.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
We will see.

We will I think this team wants to win they will take slightly less to make that happen.

Besides that though Matthews can't get 13 million that's more than Mcdavid, Matthews will not be the highest paid player in the NHL that just won't happen

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
We will I think this team wants to win they will take slightly less to make that happen.

Besides that though Matthews can't get 13 million that's more than Mcdavid, Matthews will not be the highest paid player in the NHL that just won't happen
The contracts are two years apart. The market/cap changes every year - he could get more. Besides, even if 13M AAV made him the highest paid player in the league, it wouldn't be for long.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Eichel cap hit was “x” % of the cap at the time he signed his deal.

McDavid cap hit was “x” % of the cap at the time he signed his deal.

AM’s % of new cap, will be some where between Eichel’s % and McDavid %....that will determine his actual AAV. Too lazy to look up both Eichel % and McDavid % at the time of contracts signed.

IMO

It’s 400k right now from last year to this year. But those guys would be this year to next so we don’t really know yet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad