Matthews and Laine, Lionbuddies for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
I must admit this is getting weird, but apparently Matthews and Laine both have a similar Lion tattoo on their arm after Laine got his tattoo in the offseason: https://www.bardown.com/patrik-laine-got-a-massive-new-sleeve-tattoo-over-the-offseason-1.1379333

The finnish news media also made a big news about this were they went more into details: Patrik Laineen valtava tatuointi hämmentää – supertähti Auston Matthewsilla on lähes samanlainen!

The question is whether or not this is a show of respect from Laine to Matthews or just a sinister way of insulting Matthews behind his back. Especially as the "joker" tattoo on Laine's arm below the lion looks a lot like Matthews in his nutcracker outfit: Matthews, Marner shine in 'The Nutcracker' for National Ballet of Canada

In the Finnish article there was also some speculation about the Matthews and his lion having a crown while Laine's tattoo doesn't have one:
"Niin erikoista kuin se onkin, myös Matthewsilla on iso tatuointi – oikeassa kädessään, itse asiassa, tismalleen samassa kohdassa. Kaiken lisäksi myös jenkkisentterin ihoon on leimattu leijona.
Matthewsin tatuoinnissa leijonalla on päässään kruunu. Laineen leijonalla on puolestaan selvästi vihaisempi, karjuva ilme."

" Matthews also has a big tattoo on his right arm, in fact in the exact same spot. The american center has a lion tattoo, but with a crown on it's head. Laine's tattoo looks more like a young angry lion trying to challange the current Lion king for the crown."

So what do you guys think?! Is this getting weird? What does this mean? Personally I think this is a sign of respect for Matthews. And possibly a subtle sign that Laine would secretly like to get traded so he could play on the same team with Matthews.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Isn’t the lion kind of Finland’s thing?
Yes, but it should vomit while impaling itself:

384px-Coat_of_arms_of_Finland.svg.png

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I actually heard that since a lion is Finlands thing, Matthews kinda figured that Laine would get it sooner or later so he got it first to basically copy Laine.

Basically in a nutshell, Matthews is a predicting type copycat

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Maybe he got it in Winnipeg and told the guy his name and the artist was like "oh you want a Lion, eh?" It had nothing to do with Matthews at all.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I agree that this all seems extremely sinister.
Dexter. It's the right arm.

They are probably serial killing people as a tag team.

They didn't take Pierre-Luc into the gang because he's dubious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad