News Article: Matthew Wuest Founder of Capgeek RIP

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I hope he was able to know what a void he's left with casual hockey fans he's never met. Peace be with his family.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Damnit. Damnit, damnit, damnit. Was seriously hoping that something like this wasn't about to happen. :(

May his memory be a blessing.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
The day capgeek went down a million hockey fans were lost.

I'll count myself a lucky man if I can make myself as indispensable before its my turn to go.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sad news. Looked like a young man in the picture that I saw.

I have read where NHL management people used capgeek.com as a primary source for salary information. His site's information was accurate and the site was very user friendly.

R.I.P.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I wonder at what stage they found the cancer? Two and a half years is a long battle with colon cancer. I guess it also depends where they found the tumor in the colon as well.

Rest in peace

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I honestly didn't use his site much but I know full well how integral and revolutionary it was. What a loss to the hockey community. RIP.

And **** cancer!

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
People make an impact in many ways....some are those individuals that few actually know directly, but feel we know them and feel a connection to them thru their work and output, thus casting a wide net. He was one of them. May he RIP....and along the lines of others comments, "Cancer, F you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad