Player Discussion Matthew Tkachuk - "That Face You Just Want to Punch"

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Has there ever been a period in the NHL where so many of the top players in the league are so young? Like this year's RFA class isn't just a group of entitled brats asking for too much money, most of them are top 3 players on their teams. Throughout the 2000s, it seemed like you wouldn't even get a sniff at being a top 20 players unless you were over 28. Really shows how the game as moved towards speed and skill over the years.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
What? I haven’t been this excited since Simon was a Flame. Looch is gonna bring the Thugluv.
What? What about Timmy Hunter? Sandy McCarthy? Chris Dingman?
Speaking of McCarthy, there was this hockey card where it was him and Theo standing next to each other, it was always my favorite for some reason. I tried to find it on google, but had no luck.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
What? What about Timmy Hunter? Sandy McCarthy? Chris Dingman?
Speaking of McCarthy, there was this hockey card where it was him and Theo standing next to each other, it was always my favorite for some reason. I tried to find it on google, but had no luck.

Sandy was great and of course Timmy. I’ll also throw in my hero, Rocky Thompson.

rocky-thompson.jpg

Reactions: Fig

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
Sandy was great and of course Timmy. I’ll also throw in my hero, Rocky Thompson.

rocky-thompson.jpg
That's the guy I was forgetting, I was trying to think of Thompson when I thought of Dingman.

Also, let's give love to Stern, Sheehy, Sheehy's facial hair, Oliwa, Berube, Godard, Boughner, Hulse (RIP), Ramage, Fotiu, Kruse and any other tough MFer than dressed for us.

edit: I distinctly remember Sheehy having like a fu-manchu with us, but google is telling me I am wrong, am I thinking of someone else? I know McCarthy did for a while too.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
That's the guy I was forgetting, I was trying to think of Thompson when I thought of Dingman.

Also, let's give love to Stern, Sheehy, Sheehy's facial hair, Oliwa, Berube, Godard, Boughner, Hulse (RIP), Ramage, Fotiu, Kruse and any other tough MFer than dressed for us.

edit: I distinctly remember Sheehy having like a fu-manchu with us, but google is telling me I am wrong, am I thinking of someone else? I know McCarthy did for a while too.
Hulse - RIP?

Cale Hulse is still alive...no?

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

rocky-thompson.jpg

As a younger individual, I really liked Rocky Thomson. Maybe it was his name, maybe it was because he was an insane individual with fists...

I thought he was cool.

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
So Marner signed for 6x 10.9, what is everyone expecting Tkachuk to fall under? And more importantly, when does he sign? I could care less what his AAV is personally, I just want to us to either get him signed long term or sign a bridge deal. No 4-6 year deals pls!

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If Marner gets 10.9. Tkachuk is asking for 10 and would take no less than 9.

Maybe a little discount for 5 yrs but he aint signing for anything less than 8

I am just speaking for Tkachuk's agent BTW....LOL

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
So Marner signed for 6x 10.9, what is everyone expecting Tkachuk to fall under? And more importantly, when does he sign? I could care less what his AAV is personally, I just want to us to either get him signed long term or sign a bridge deal. No 4-6 year deals pls!
I'm not convinced that Marner is a standard bearer, because everyone knows the Leafs overpaid for all of Matthews, Tavares and Nylander, so they were going to have to do the same for Marner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->