Player Discussion Matthew Tkachuk - "That Face You Just Want to Punch"

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Confirmed, the Reddit poster is @Volica lol.

#confirmed
Kidding, I don’t have an in with the Flames, just chit chat at golf tournies and charity events. I’ve spoken to Tre in person twice in my life, I’m not sure if he’d tell me who he’s signing ;)

Also, I don’t use Reddit; so that’s my dead giveaway.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Broke the coaching staff getting fired, Lindholm signing (off on the terms) and the Brouwer buyout.

I mean, I honestly just think it’s stupid to discredit the guy. He hit a few things, so, it gets us chatting in this board. Seems counterproductive on a forum to be like ‘nah, don’t talk about this guy, even though he’s broken some recent Flames things.’

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Apparently this Adragon23 guy who posts on Reddit has a source inside the Flames organization, who he regularly talks to. Before posting insider info he always gets permission from his source. Adragon23 only posts this insider info on Reddit.
He's posted a lot of scoops/insider/info that he says he gets from his source.

Flames seriously considering buying out Brouwer. : CalgaryFlames

Flames finalizing 6 year deal at $31.5 million for lindholm : CalgaryFlames
His source had the $$$ amount wrong on the Lindholm deal.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CalgaryFla...ching_staff_to_be_fired_tuesday_according_to/

Last edited:
Reactions: King In The North

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Broke the coaching staff getting fired, Lindholm signing (off on the terms) and the Brouwer buyout.
None of which were hidden. Peters being hired was rumored before Gully was fired (which we all knew was happening), so Peters out clause made it pretty easy to predict. Lindholn had filed for arbitration and signed what the morning of, or day before his hearing? Another tough guess. And half of HF had been calling the Brouwer buyout too and it was a 48 hour window.

So he "brome" things that half of us already knew and had we claimed someone told us, we could have "broke" too

All of that stuff other than Brouwer was widely speculated in the media too. When he "breaks" something without an obvious deadlinethat isn't a foregone conclusion, then maybe he will be taken seriously

Last edited:

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

"Broke" how?

I could have broke all those things as well as they were pretty clear as day. The fact that the Lindholm contract was wrong also seems to point away from him having a legit source.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Maybe I'm out to lunch and the summer has been that boring, but I really don't mind discussion spawned from this reddit guy as long as it's not being taken as gospel, and as rumor with a huge grain of salt.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
So one negative thing I've noticed in Tkachuk's game for a few years now, and it keeps rearing its ugly head, is that Tkachuk seems to have a real issue on his own defensive half-boards. Am I the only one who notices it? Just, time and again there are plays where the puck is passed or chipped by him on the boards to or from the point. A lot of the time a pass to the defenceman will get by him and he will miss it, then be out of position to defend the d-man receiving the puck. It's really just Tkachuk that I notice this from, too. Anyone else seeing what I'm seeing?

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I'm serious, 8x$8mm contract extension. Get er done.
I believe Chucky will break the GIO cap but Chucky is a team first guy and to keep some of the guys around I would expect $7.25-7.5 as the number BT and Chucky's agent agrees on.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I believe Chucky will break the GIO cap but Chucky is a team first guy and to keep some of the guys around I would expect $7.25-7.5 as the number BT and Chucky's agent agrees on.

I hope not. He's not the best forward on our team, and a lot of guys are on sweetheart deals already. I would hope for a Monahan like contract with 1 less year of term.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
If Tkachuk is anything like his dad, the negotiations will be long and potentially acrimonious. I think we might see another Gaudreau situation

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
If Tkachuk is anything like his dad, the negotiations will be long and potentially acrimonious. I think we might see another Gaudreau situation

Then I hope tre holds out and gets a fair deal then. He isn't eligible for arbitration, so we have all the time in the world. The only time I wanna start seeing contracts above 7 million is when Gaudreau resigns as a ufa (hopefully).

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
I hope not. He's not the best forward on our team, and a lot of guys are on sweetheart deals already. I would hope for a Monahan like contract with 1 less year of term.

Yes. Yes he is the best forward on our team and if he doesn't break the Gio cap, Treliving is a damn God.

Also, why the hell would you only want a 6 year deal for Tkachuk? If there's any player we need to lock up for 8 years at any cost, its Chucky

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I don't think the Chucky negotiations will be near as difficult as Gaudreau's. Gaudreau's agent is a big reason why his contract took so long, fairly sure Tkachuk's won't be nearly as bad and Tkachuk doesn't come off as someone who would hold out on his team.

I am not saying he'll take less than he is worth, but if the numbers are close I can't see Tkachuk pulling a Nylander and demanding more $ and missing games. Tkachuk is a guy who wants the best out of himself and his team and I don't think he'd ever miss games because of $.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane

I saw a good idea the other day. If Chucky breaks the Gio cap, the actual salary won't pass the cap until Gio's contract is done.

I also think that if we sign Chucky to more than Gaudreau we take a serious blow in keeping Johnny long term.

Reactions: Mobiandi

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I also think that if we sign Chucky to more than Gaudreau we take a serious blow in keeping Johnny long term.

Can we win with Gaudreau though? Think of the haul we could get for him, we could completely set up our future if done right.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Can we win with Gaudreau though? Think of the haul we could get for him, we could completely set up our future if done right.

Can the Caps win with their best player being a winger?

This team lives and dies on Gaudreau's stick right now. How often does trading a star player work out for the team moving them in this league?

Reactions: Tkachuk Norris

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Can the Caps win with their best player being a winger?

This team lives and dies on Gaudreau's stick right now. How often does trading a star player work out for the team moving them in this league?

Let's not pretend Ovechkin is anything like Gaudreau, they are basically polar opposites the way they play the game. Arguably Kuznetsov was their best player too. I am not saying we can't with him, but we are running out of time and decisions will need to be made.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I saw a good idea the other day. If Chucky breaks the Gio cap, the actual salary won't pass the cap until Gio's contract is done.

I don't think he is staying here long term either way so I would forget about his feelings when it comes to signing other players personally.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad