• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Since when are they more or less the same offensively?

NHL Totals

Marner
Reg = 0.82 ppg
Playoff = 1.00 ppg
ESTOI/GP = 14:18
PPTOI/GP = 2:23

Tkachuk = 0.67 ppg
Playoff = 0.00 ppg
ESTOI/GP = 13:24
PPTOI/GP = 2:28

OHL Draft Year

Marner
Reg = 2.00 ppg
Playoff = 2.29 ppg
Leading Scorer by 17 points

Tkachuk
Reg = 1.88 ppg
Playoff = 2.22 ppg
3rd Leading Scorer

Marner has been significantly better than Tkachuk at every comparable stage.
What was Marner's D+1 NHL PPG vs Tkachuks?

What about zone starts? What about QOC? Tkachuk ays a defwnsive role and scores more goals than Marner easily.

Marners D+2 he scored 61 points.
Tkachuk's d+2 he wss on pace for 59 before injury. Ya.. not close at all. Give me a break.

Paint us a more accurate picture.

Last edited:

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
What was Marner's D+1 NHL PPG vs Tkachuks?

What about zone starts? What about QOC? Tkachuk ays a defwnsive role and scores more goals than Marner easily.

Marners D+2 he scored 61 points.
Tkachuk's d+2 he wss on pace for 59 before injury. Ya.. not close at all. Give me a break.

Paint us a more accurate picture.

You're welcome to post whatever stats you want. Some basic research could help you since you seem to think Marner played in the NHL during his D+1.

Marner played the best hockey of his NHL career on the shutdown line with Kadri. Playing top line comp he finished his season with 34 points in his last 30 games. Tkachuk ended his year with a solid 24 in 30.

If you were to only compare Marner's rookie year to Tkachuk's sophmore and ignore the rest of their careers it would seem close. The whole picture shows Marner is more skilled offensively though.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
You're welcome to post whatever stats you want. Some basic research could help you since you seem to think Marner played in the NHL during his D+1.

Marner played the best hockey of his NHL career on the shutdown line with Kadri. Playing top line comp he finished his season with 34 points in his last 30 games. Tkachuk ended his year with a solid 24 in 30.

If you were to only compare Marner's rookie year to Tkachuk's sophmore and ignore the rest of their careers it would seem close. The whole picture shows Marner is more skilled offensively though.

Actually I knew damn well that Marner wasn't in the NHL during his draft+1. That is why I brought it up. You compare their PPGs from first two seasons in the NHL but totally disregard that it was at different stages of their development. Tkachuk made a playoff team right out of the draft and Marner couldnt crack a bottom feeder's roster. Apples and oranges.

blueberrie

Mar 23, 2010
Actually I knew damn well that Marner wasn't in the NHL during his draft+1. That is why I brought it up. You compare their PPGs from first two seasons in the NHL but totally disregard that it was at different stages of their development. Tkachuk made a playoff team right out of the draft and Marner couldnt crack a bottom feeder's roster. Apples and oranges.

Yep it's tough when they start offset like that. That's why I took the largest sample size possible. As they play more games the offset matters less and less. Plus like you said, Tkachuk was clearly more NHL ready than Marner so the difference in development will continue to shrink.

What is apples to apples though is difference in draft year production. Marner was a clearly better offensive player with the Knights and never had a recent 4th overall to play with either.

Marner's playoff stats and end of year production makes it seem pretty likely to me that Marner will continue to be the better offensive player in the NHL but you're welcome to your own opinion.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Well, Marner is already the best young player in the world, and is approaching if not surpassing McDavid/Messier/Crosby, so it's not close really.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
Really shouldn’t be that close. Marner is better compared to Gaudreau, who I also think is better than Tkachuk.

Well, Marner is already the best young player in the world, and is approaching if not surpassing McDavid/Messier/Crosby, so it's not close really.

Let’s talk again when your team’s best players carry your team comfortably into the playoffs like Mitch did this year.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Really shouldn’t be that close. Marner is better compared to Gaudreau, who I also think is better than Tkachuk.

Let’s talk again when your team’s best players carry your team comfortably into the playoffs like Mitch did this year.

Have you really keyed in on Marner this season or last year? He's better compared to Gaudreau, Ovechkin, McDavid and Kucherov. And he's better defensively than Bergeron.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN

Not a single Leafs fan has ever seriously made that claim.

And folks have the audacity to presume Leafs fans are the unreasonable ones lol

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012

I think he's trying to be funny but just failing miserably at it.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

I don't know what claims anyone has made. I'm saying this. I'm serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->