Prospect Info: Matthew Robertson, LD, 2nd round, 49th overall, 2019

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Really interested to see how he progresses as a pro.

Think he could be what everyone was hoping Hajek would be.

He flies under the media radar a lot I think because he isn't a first round draft pick, and projects more as a steady defensive defenseman.

Sauer was in the same situation. Robertson reminds me more of a young Marc Staal but that's great value.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
He flies under the media radar a lot I think because he isn't a first round draft pick, and projects more as a steady defensive defenseman.

Sauer was in the same situation. Robertson reminds me more of a young Marc Staal but that's great value.

If braden Schnieder and or mathew Robertson become Michael Sauer i will be excited. People forget how GOOD he was. So solid defensively, mean with physical edge, and can played top 4 min. Give me that all day lol

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Sauer I feel like gets overrated like a rapper that died young.

Mike Sauer (b.1987) Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com
it's the story we need more of, that we hope for from kids drafted beyond First round
- drafted turning 18, 2 more years Junior, 3 years Hartford,
- makes the big club for good at 23,
- big, physical, reliable, but, as you often get from a MN kid, can skate and has some O instincts, which emerge as he gets established.
Wasn't gonna be top 2, but made the D-Corps deeper and better.

TBH it feels longer ago than '11-12, he's only 33 now,

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Really could have went either way between him and Schneider for the top dman in the WHL this season. Crazy we have both :D

Really can't wait to see those 2 playing 23 minutes a game together on the top pair in HFD next season. Will be great for their development.

Edit - just realized that away is only for his division, an Schneider already won for his division :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Fitzy

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Really could have went either way between him and Schneider for the top dman in the WHL this season. Crazy we have both :D

Really can't wait to see those 2 playing 23 minutes a game together on the top pair in HFD next season. Will be great for their development.

Either that or split them up and have Robertson with Skinner and Schneider with Jones.

If Tarmo stays that leaves only one spot for a veteran, is Raddysh under contract for next season?

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
Really could have went either way between him and Schneider for the top dman in the WHL this season. Crazy we have both :D ..

Especially since both from Major Junior - NYR drafting a CHL player in 2d round and 1st round in consecutive drafts? not done since '09-10 if I searched well

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Either that or split them up and have Robertson with Skinner and Schneider with Jones.

If Tarmo stays that leaves only one spot for a veteran, is Raddysh under contract for next season?
Ah yes, that is assuming Jones is in the AHL(forgot about him), if so then split them up and have one play with Jones.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010

Raddysh will be UFA, (Crawley RFA, and likely not QO'd)

also not impossible NILs spends some time in Hartford,
so my opening night Pack D is
Jones-Schneider Robertson-Lundkvist Reunanen-Skinner

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
As cool as that would be I would be very disappointed if Nils didn’t crack the lineup
yeah, i get it, he should fit right in, as Fox did
but I also always look back at McD, spent ~6 weeks in Hartford, then called up, fit right in, and never looked back
Yes those years, in that role, in SHL, even better NHL prep than NCAA Wisco
but some games against rugged AHL teams, on small ice, will only make him (any of them) more ready

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
If braden Schnieder and or mathew Robertson become Michael Sauer i will be excited. People forget how GOOD he was. So solid defensively, mean with physical edge, and can played top 4 min. Give me that all day lol
Lindgren is essentially our second coming of Michael Sauer so I think people don't really need a reminder to remember how good he was ;)
But yeah, our team could use two more.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Lindgren is essentially our second coming of Michael Sauer so I think people don't really need a reminder to remember how good he was ;)
But yeah, our team could use two more.

Oh i absolutely LOVE Lindgren! Im impressed we got him signed for only 3m per. If he finds some offensive game which i see he is really trying to develop along with more speed. I really liked what i saw this season with his growth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->