Recalled/Assigned: Matthew Peca recalled | sent back to Syracuse

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Could see Cirelli being bumped down, Gourde and Peca looked good together. I thought Cirelli looked a bit nervous these past 2 games on the 3rd line.
He has looked a little nervous. Understandable, really. Can't imagine there's anyone on the roster more shocked to be playing in the 2018 NHL playoffs than Cirelli. He definitely deserves to be out there, though.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, I'd rather see Peca in the energy/depth scoring role and Cirelli more of a shutdown role on 4th. Kunitz has been really good so far, IMO, so I wouldn't write that line off for offense.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I like Peca, and like the various possibilities he'd allow, but the cautious side of me thinks just subbing Conacher in for Cally doesn't mess as much with a lineup that's working well for us right now.

Yeah, I know. Safe is death, right?

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I like Peca, and like the various possibilities he'd allow, but the cautious side of me thinks just subbing Conacher in for Cally doesn't mess as much with a lineup that's working well for us right now.

Yeah, I know. Safe is death, right?
Conacher brings speed and some secondary scoring. Peca is better defensively and at faceoffs. I think Peca is the better match against NJ than Conacher. Would prefer Conacher against a team like Toronto though.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Not sure why the call up was made with Conacher getting plugged in while Cally and Erne don’t seem too far away.

waterboy65

Jul 7, 2017
Callup is necessary in case another player comes up injured during morning skate or stiffens up before game time. As expected, Conacher who has been practicing with the team will get the start. I hope Conacher proves me wrong but another perimeter player who brings little D is not what we need. Peca much more responsible on D and can win FOs.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Conacher brings speed and some secondary scoring. Peca is better defensively and at faceoffs. I think Peca is the better match against NJ than Conacher. Would prefer Conacher against a team like Toronto though.
I'd be fine with Peca. I was just thinking if we use him, there's a chance we put him at center and do a little line juggling. Conacher, on the other hand, would just go on the Kunitz-Paquette line, I'd assume.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
Peca sent back to Syracuse, they start the playoffs tomorrow.

Positive sign for Cally return?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad