Player Discussion Matthew Peca: Pecachu (12/12/19: Out 6 Weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Until he proves he is an nhl player then he is no more than an AHL player. 25 y/o with 20 NHL games proves my point

I'm kind of thinking the same. Don't know much about Peca so I will wait to see him in the pre season. At the moment, I would have him as a depth player.

Reactions: Tyson

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Last 9 games of the 16/17 season, he got 1:16 of PP time for 0:08 PP time per game!

learn what average is. Maybe try tp not debate like a dishonest person. 1:16 was his average per game. Or do you asume he had 16 minutes over 21 games :confused:
2016-2017

QuarterGPGAPTSSOGPPPPPTOITOI
1185492500:1713:06
2212793900:1014:00
32239122911:0017:07
42137104011:0616:02
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Regular Season Quarterly Comparison

2017-2018

12138114811:0117:11
22046103510:0516:19
35123600:0015:00
46011500:0515:01
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines by quarter

QuarterLine Combination
1DANAULT,PHILLIP - PACIORETTY,MAX - SHAW,ANDREW
BYRON,PAUL - DANAULT,PHILLIP - SHAW,ANDREW
DANAULT,PHILLIP - GALCHENYUK,ALEX - SHAW,ANDREW
2DANAULT,PHILLIP - PACIORETTY,MAX - SHAW,ANDREW
DANAULT,PHILLIP - GALCHENYUK,ALEX - SHAW,ANDREW
DANAULT,PHILLIP - HUDON,CHARLES - PACIORETTY,MAX
3DANAULT,PHILLIP - GALCHENYUK,ALEX - HUDON,CHARLES
DANAULT,PHILLIP - HUDON,CHARLES - PACIORETTY,MAX
DANAULT,PHILLIP - LEHKONEN,ARTTURI - PACIORETTY,MAX
4DANAULT,PHILLIP - GALCHENYUK,ALEX - HUDON,CHARLES
DANAULT,PHILLIP - LEHKONEN,ARTTURI - SCHERBAK,NIKITA
DANAULT,PHILLIP - LEHKONEN,ARTTURI - PACIORETTY,MAX
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2016-2017

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Lines by quarter

QuarterLine Combination
1DANAULT,PHILLIP - FLYNN,BRIAN - MITCHELL,TORREY
DANAULT,PHILLIP - PACIORETTY,MAX - SHAW,ANDREW
BYRON,PAUL - DANAULT,PHILLIP - MITCHELL,TORREY
2DANAULT,PHILLIP - GALLAGHER,BRENDAN - PACIORETTY,MAX
DANAULT,PHILLIP - PACIORETTY,MAX - RADULOV,ALEXANDER
DANAULT,PHILLIP - LEHKONEN,ARTTURI - SHAW,ANDREW
3DANAULT,PHILLIP - PACIORETTY,MAX - RADULOV,ALEXANDER
BYRON,PAUL - DANAULT,PHILLIP - SHAW,ANDREW
DANAULT,PHILLIP - PACIORETTY,MAX - SHAW,ANDREW
4DANAULT,PHILLIP - PACIORETTY,MAX - RADULOV,ALEXANDER
DANAULT,PHILLIP - LEHKONEN,ARTTURI - SHAW,ANDREW
DANAULT,PHILLIP - GALLAGHER,BRENDAN - PACIORETTY,MAX
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Peanut

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
This is a good read from a year or two ago, but I feel like it could apply to Peca as it did for Marchessault Any analystic aficionado that can tell us if Peca's underlying numbers are also good?

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
learn what average is. Maybe try tp not debate like a dishonest person. 1:16 was his average per game. Or do you asume he had 16 minutes over 21 games :confused:
2016-2017

[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Belial throws around around specific stats like they mean the world compared to an eye test but fails to get them right when he does and manipulates them when he can. Thanks for proving previous points of former posts of mine Doc. I’d like your post 100x if it was possible.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Belial throws around around specific stats like they mean the world compared to an eye test but fails to get them right when he does and manipulates them when he can. Thanks for proving previous points of former posts of mine Doc. I’d like your post 100x if it was possible.
And as always when facing a lost cause just finds a new rock and sits in the shade till things cool off, only to come back later with the same BAD argument and we go around the mulberry bush again like its his first time on the board.

7 years of bad management and there are people still defending this dumpster fire of baby diapers. With the same disproved arguments.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
And as always when facing a lost cause just finds a new rock and sits in the shade till things cool off, only to come back later with the same BAD argument and we go around the mulberry bush again like its his first time on the board.

7 years of bad management and there are people still defending this dumpster fire of baby diapers. With the same disproved arguments.

The problem, at it's root, IMO, is couching this whole exchange on a board as an argument or a debate, instead of a discussion. What people actually derive out of feeling vindicated as right is a little bit sad. It speaks to bigger societal problems.

The Internet (wrongfully so) has too often been perceived as the venue to prop oneself up. Usually, it takes the form of verbal (written) abuse. It's an unfortunate reality that shouldn't be encouraged, but it is.

Discussion board is the biggest modern misnomer.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The problem, at it's root, IMO, is couching this whole exchange on a board as an argument or a debate, instead of a discussion. What people actually derive out of feeling vindicated as right is a little bit sad. It speaks to bigger societal problems.

The Internet (wrongfully so) has too often been perceived as the venue to prop oneself up. Usually, it takes the form of verbal (written) abuse. It's an unfortunate reality that shouldn't be encouraged, but it is.

You left out the "they should go cheer for another team part".

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Goes back much more than 7 years. We have had all kinds of management for last 23 years. Much the same results. Under direction of 4 different guys!

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
You left out the "they should go cheer for another team part".

Not at all. You're just being flippant. If you read what I said, I'm not speaking against anyone's right to complain about the team or its direction, or about anyone's right to call themselves fans. I'm talking about posters not promoting discussion and your trite remark is just more proof of the same. You take what you want out of it, I guess. Being obtuse is just a mind-set.

Reactions: scrubadam

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

agreed, many posters need to vent on major disappointment of the team and where it looks to be headed but it's gone so far to one side that it's hard to have discussions as most just want to crap on MB. If you say something positive many just seem to think that means you are ok with MB. It gets very old when everything is about one person, I can't wait till MB is fired and just hope it's not 2-3-4 years from now but at the same time I have no trouble pointing out any good moves he's made.

That said I fully understand why so many are so pissed, it's going to be very ugly when we are getting our ass handed to us by the leafs & boston even if it means we will be better for it down the road as long as MB is fired, Molson sent to play with his beer bottles, the pro scouting staff relocated to bora bora and a clear approach taken with development that doesn't include rushing them to the NHL.

Reactions: scrubadam

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Very interested to see where Peca fits between Danault, Pleky, and DLR. And if Drouin plays center, who is the odd man out? At the moment, I have Peca as our spare forward or 4th line center. I would consider moving DLR on the left side of Danault or vice versa. I like that combo playing together and I'm not appose to playing Danault LW and DLR at center if he continues to grow.

Options at center are a good thing but we have options at 3rd and 4th line centers. Still lacking true top 2 centers. Danault and Pleky can certainly play the #2C role but that's on a team in the bottom 3rd of the standings.

Peca is yet another small forward. I don't expect him to win too may face offs and he will be pushed around and lose puck battles. But I am sure he will show a bit of promise, just not expecting much of an impact.

Higher or lower potential vs Hudon?

Last edited:

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
What’s the deal with this kid? He looked good in the scrimmage today, but there must be a reason he’s only got like 20 NHL games in his career at the age of 25. He definitely has skill. If he makes the team it’d have to be stealing DLR spot on the 4th line C.. does it make any sense to have him as a 4th C though?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What’s the deal with this kid? He looked good in the scrimmage today, but there must be a reason he’s only got like 20 NHL games in his career at the age of 25. He definitely has skill. If he makes the team it’d have to be stealing DLR spot on the 4th line C.. does it make any sense to have him as a 4th C though?
The deal is that he played for TB and they are stacked with better player of his type. Hes a good pickup.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013

He is an underrated pickup due to the depht of TB

I would play him 3rd C this year its jdlr’s spot to lose

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Would play him as our 3rd C, really impressed with the kid. Maybe the best player in today's scrim

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

You let his game dictate where he ends up.

Part of the reason he's played so few games is because he comes from a deep organization that didn't have room for him.

Considering where the Habs are, why not see what he can do? He either surprises and turns out to be a decent asset, or doesn't, and the team is that much closer to another lottery pick.

It's a good move for peca, and it's worth a shot for the Habs. At least the Habs seem to be prioritizing skill again.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I mean, not to compare the two, but Marchessault only played 47 games in the Tampa org by the age of 25 before going elsewhere. Tampa is just really, really deep.

Gourde just got his first real look in the league this past season at 26.

Reactions: Nevins

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Very interested to see where Peca fits between Danault, Pleky, and DLR. And if Drouin plays center, who is the odd man out? At the moment, I have Peca as our spare forward or 4th line center. I would consider moving DLR on the left side of Danault or vice versa. I like that combo playing together and I'm not appose to playing Danault LW and DLR at center if he continues to grow.

Options at center are a good thing but we have options at 3rd and 4th line centers. Still lacking true top 2 centers. Danault and Pleky can certainly play the #2C role but that's on a team in the bottom 3rd of the standings.

Peca is yet another small forward. I don't expect him to win too may face offs and he will be pushed around and lose puck battles. But I am sure he will show a bit of promise, just not expecting much of an impact.

Higher or lower potential vs Hudon?

So you value DLR over Hudon, Lehkonen, or Scherbak? Strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad