Player Discussion Matthew Peca: Pecachu (12/12/19: Out 6 Weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownies

excited for what though? Unless Price is unreal, they are going to struggle in a big way especially once Pac is traded depending on the return. I think it's good to bring in Armia, Reilly, Domi, Peca, to get some speed and skill but I'm worried this team ends up between 10th and 14th which if next draft class ends up being what it's hyped to be would cost us a great shot at finding a star player. It's a very troubling time to be a Hab fan.
At least, no big time UFA (Tavares, Stasny, etc) was signed so we're going through a rebuild right now, which might be a full blown one if Pacioretti and one or Price/Weber is traded. No matter what, it's a rebuild. So at the end of the summer, when I'll turn on my TV to watch the Habs, I don't want to look at this team and wish for them to lose. What I hope has no effect on the team and I don't want to spend a whole year coming here to laugh at Bergevin and hope to see them lose. That being said, I'll be more than happy if we draft 1st overall next year.

I'm excited because Armia and Peca get a new chance here and they'll probably have a lot of opportunity to prove themselves. I wish them a lot of success with us, some players can exceed expectations in the right team, on the right line, etc.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For sure... but the lottery being what it's like, who knows? I wouldnt be mad if we finished outside of the bottom 5, we would still get 22-25% chance at a top 3 picks

the new lotto rules are crazy but if we finish 10-14 it's highly unlikely we win and move up meaning we would be screwed out of what could set us up for a decade to come. If we want to be a cup conteder, to be able to run with TB, leafs, boston just in our own division, we are going to need a lot of help in terms of getting a legit star player at both forward and defense.

At least, no big time UFA (Tavares, Stasny, etc) was signed so we're going through a rebuild right now, which might be a full blown one if Pacioretti and one or Price/Weber is traded. No matter what, it's a rebuild. So at the end of the summer, when I'll turn on my TV to watch the Habs, I don't want to look at this team and wish for them to lose. What I hope has no effect on the team and I don't want to spend a whole year coming here to laugh at Bergevin and hope to see them lose. That being said, I'll be more than happy if we draft 1st overall next year.

I'm excited because Armia and Peca get a new chance here and they'll probably have a lot of opportunity to prove themselves. I wish them a lot of success with us, some players can exceed expectations in the right team, on the right line, etc.

yep we suck so bad that no UFA would consider us, that's a bonus of sorts and I'm glad we didn't have another Alzner. I do think Pac gets traded so the return there will be very interesting. Price isn't going anywhere until he wants to and even then he's going to be very tough to move since it will be on his terms so that lessens his value. Weber if he stays healthy and looks good hopefully gets us a 1st at some point.

I won't wish for them to lose, never did, never will, I just won't watch them cause I can't stand Julien, MB, Molson. I don't come on here to laugh at MB cause it's so sad it makes me want to cry how f***ed we are for god knows how long but sometimes you got to just laugh at just how badly a job has been done over the past few years.

I think Peca, Armia, Reilly will all do well, I think they were good pickups, but I worry greatly that MB will do more damage and this team will be just bad enough to miss out on a great chance to finally get us a legit star center.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I'd trade Danault in a heartbeat. He's a 3C, a good one at that, but a 3C. We're rebuilding anyway. If some team offered a good package of futures for him, I'd trade him without hesitation.

good idea even though i'm a pretty big Danault fan. Only if we get a pretty serious overpayment though. He's Eller plus imo.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Eller has puck possession skills that Danault could only dream of, two completely different players.

I haven't seen new confidence instilled Cup winner Eller mind you. I don't think Danault gets enough credit because it was one of MB's few really good moves and he's been playing above his station the majority of the time but he's just out and out more effective than Eller was as a Hab. No contest for me and i was a big Eller fan.

Reactions: Fixxer

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
I haven't seen new confidence instilled Cup winner Eller mind you. I don't think Danault gets enough credit because it was one of MB's few really good moves and he's been playing above his station the majority of the time but he's just out and out more effective than Eller was as a Hab. No contest for me and i was a big Eller fan.
When you are playing top line you need to do better than 40 points. Hell even DD was a 50 point player on the top line.

Reactions: Miller Time

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Like the signing from the get go, will see if he can produce in the regular season. Keeping my expectations low I just hope he gets actual ice time at center unlike how the Habs treated Galchenyuk.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
When you are playing top line you need to do better than 40 points. Hell even DD was a 50 point player on the top line.

A true #1 line player gets PP time. Danault got 40 points with almost none on the power play. That means more.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
A true #1 line player gets PP time. Danault got 40 points with almost none on the power play. That means more.
He was getting lots of powerplay time, he wasn't producing on it though. Mostly because he is a middling skill guy. And lets not rehash this he had only 'this' amount of time on the PP. He wasn't used on the PP at all for 1/3 of the year and then had a some usage then was getting 2 minutes a game. This BS of he wasn't on the powerplay is not true. All you have to do is go watch vids from the end of the year to know he was getting PLENTY of PP time.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Bergevin did what I always do july 1st in each of my dynasties in NHL18.

Look at UFA, sort them by potential, look at those under 25 yo that fills a need, overpay a bit, voilà.

Maybe it is Playstation after all :sarcasm:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He was getting lots of powerplay time, he wasn't producing on it though. Mostly because he is a middling skill guy. And lets not rehash this he had only 'this' amount of time on the PP. He wasn't used on the PP at all for 1/3 of the year and then had a some usage then was getting 2 minutes a game. This BS of he wasn't on the powerplay is not true. All you have to do is go watch vids from the end of the year to know he was getting PLENTY of PP time.

During his last 23 games this season he got a total of 4:54 on the PP!!!

But keep telling us how he got plenty of PP though...

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
During his last 23 games this season he got a total of 4:54 on the PP!!!

But keep telling us how he got plenty of PP though...
Did he get 40 points this season. We were talking about when he was playing first line two seasons ago. Thanks for paying attention. :tmi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad