Player Discussion Matthew Peca: Pecachu (12/12/19: Out 6 Weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
The kid had another good game...he is making it hard on Clod to not keep him in the lineup...

That play where he skated at full speed to catch the breakaway guy up, take away his cut to the net AND shot would have given CJ a trouser bulge. Took his chance on the goal with aplomb, too.

Perhaps the coaches are getting through to him?

Jul 6, 2016
He's hammering the nails into Hudon's coffin. He and Deslauriers will be good 13th and 14th forwards/injury replacements.

... What happens when Armia is healthy again ? One of Deslauriers or Hudon MUST go.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Team worst -13...still not sure why he was signed to a one way deal worth 1.3 mil per season or what exactly he brings.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Team worst -13...still not sure why he was signed to a one way deal worth 1.3 mil per season or what exactly he brings.

I think it was a good gamble that just hasn't worked out. His issue is that he's just useless on the defensive side. He tries, but the opposition has a field day with him when he doesn't have the puck.

He doesn't produce enough to mask those issues.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It's not a coincidence that he got exactly double the league minimum for two years. It was a clear error that the ego-maniac won't admit. But I saw the very first tweet that said $1.3M over two years and then it was deleted.

It's like when the Habs first announced that they had signed 34 year old Jaro Spacek to a 3-year contract, then deleted it, put no age on the new message, then finally it came out he was 35.

Or when Cliff Fletcher signed Jeff Finger but thought he had signed Jon-Michael Liles.

Reactions: overlords

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
It's not a coincidence that he got exactly double the league minimum for two years. It was a clear error that the ego-maniac won't admit. But I saw the very first tweet that said $1.3M over two years and then it was deleted.

It's like when the Habs first announced that they had signed 34 year old Jaro Spacek to a 3-year contract, then deleted it, put no age on the new message, then finally it came out he was 35.

Or when Cliff Fletcher signed Jeff Finger but thought he had signed Jon-Michael Liles.
What? You think the Habs signed a contract with Peca and then realized afterwards they were paying him twice the amount they thought?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
What? You think the Habs signed a contract with Peca and then realized afterwards they were paying him twice the amount they thought?
I don't think, I know. I saw the first announcement that was deleted.

No Group VI free agent makes exactly double league minimum.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
I don't think, I know. I saw the first announcement that was deleted.

No Group VI free agent makes exactly double league minimum.
I don't want to sound naive, but there is no way the Habs would be that incompetent. Same thing for that Finger rumour. Both teams just overpaid based on scouting reports that were ultimately wrong. And I don't even care that Peca got that contract, he's not worth it now but he might have if the coaching team would have gone all in on speed.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010

Ego-maniac, you guys are killing me!

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I don't want to sound naive, but there is no way the Habs would be that incompetent. Same thing for that Finger rumour. Both teams just overpaid based on scouting reports that were ultimately wrong. And I don't even care that Peca got that contract, he's not worth it now but he might have if the coaching team would have gone all in on speed.

The Finger thing was not a rumour. The Leafs cited the stats on their great new signing, and it was Liles' stats. "Top 4 minutes", on the ice in key defensive situations", none of that was Finger.

In that case, Fletcher did know he was signing Finger, but they had the scouting reports mixed up and he gave $3.5M to a journeyman by mistake.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
The Finger thing was not a rumour. The Leafs cited the stats on their great new signing, and it was Liles' stats. "Top 4 minutes", on the ice in key defensive situations", none of that was Finger.

In that case, Fletcher did know he was signing Finger, but they had the scouting reports mixed up and he gave $3.5M to a journeyman by mistake.
Rumours said it was Sauer, not Liles. And there is no way that it's true. Just a very bad contract (like Alzner).

Last edited:

Asamu

Aug 24, 2010
Saguenay
I don't believe Peca has a seat on either of the 4 lines with the Habs next year. He's gonna have to destroy the league during the pre-season if he wants to be considered. He's the son of Mike Peca and he's far from what he accomplished. GG No rematch.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I don't believe Peca has a seat on either of the 4 lines with the Habs next year. He's gonna have to destroy the league during the pre-season if he wants to be considered. He's the son of Mike Peca and he's far from what he accomplished. GG No rematch.

He'll either be in Laval (I don't see him getting claimed off of waivers) or the press box (if there are no injuries).

In my book he's behind Thompson and Dlo, who I have as 13th and 14th forwards respectively.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
It's on Peca to show us what he got.

Locks

May 28, 2005
Hes probably going to get sent down to Laval for next season

Very likely unless he is picked up by Arizona or something. He is done here. The fourth line was leaking goals against until Thomson and Weal were acquired. He has great speed and nice hands but his low IQ on both ends is his biggest problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad