Player Discussion Matthew Peca: Pecachu (12/12/19: Out 6 Weeks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Really like that we're faster. Peca, Domi and Armia will be good for that. I'm all for giving this kid every chance to succeed in the top 9, even top 6. We really have nothing to lose. I don't think he's a real top 6er but by all means play him there.
It's good to see that we will have a quality as a team. A team filled with fast skaters. Having a team with fast and slow skaters isn't good at all. Imagine a coach trying to apply a system based on speed and not being able to apply it. Now Julien will have a quality to work with.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Not really sure what his potential is. 4C? 3C? If he can beat Danault out as our 3C, then I would be happy. Then we could trade Danault for a decent return.

Not expecting anything though. Hopefully he can thrive here.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Posting in a epic thread.

Seriously though I made fun of the signing but after reading the article on the athletic think he could be a player

GHJimmy

We made it here.
Mar 30, 2018
I'm excited to what he could bring to the table, fair size, natural centre and came out of a team that develops players patiencely

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Not really sure what his potential is. 4C? 3C? If he can beat Danault out as our 3C, then I would be happy. Then we could trade Danault for a decent return.

Yeah let's trade a 25yo top-9 C capable of 45-50 points in a good year because we now have a 25yo 5ft8in center with 7 career points.

And you must be one of the guys that complained about downgrading from Eller to Shaw (which I agree with).

Reactions: Deebs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Animation-11.gif

Animation-12.gif

Animation-13.gif

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Yeah let's trade a 25yo top-9 C capable of 45-50 points in a good year because we now have a 25yo 5ft8in center with 7 career points.

And you must be one of the guys that complained about downgrading from Eller to Shaw (which I agree with).

Notice the part where I said "IF".

Danault is a 3rd line center. Big deal. Nothing special. That season playing on the top line with Radulov and Pacioretty was an illusion. He's a 30-40 point player. If someone is able to beat him out for that spot I would gladly trade him for a good return.

Last edited:

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

Are you joking? Danault is an excellent 3C. The only way to improve is to put a legit 2C in the three spot. You see any 2Cs on our team?

Reactions: Deebs

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Are you joking? Danault is an excellent 3C. The only way to improve is to put a legit 2C in the three spot. You see any 2Cs on our team?

I'd trade Danault in a heartbeat. He's a 3C, a good one at that, but a 3C. We're rebuilding anyway. If some team offered a good package of futures for him, I'd trade him without hesitation.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'd trade Danault in a heartbeat. He's a 3C, a good one at that, but a 3C. We're rebuilding anyway. If some team offered a good package of futures for him, I'd trade him without hesitation.
I don't see Peca as better than Danault. Anyway, it's all moot. Danault will be playing 2C this year if not 1C. I have a feeling MB will get CJ to move The Lord of Pout to the wing.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
I don't see Peca as better than Danault. Anyway, it's all moot. Danault will be playing 2C this year if not 1C. I have a feeling MB will get CJ to move The Lord of Pout to the wing.

I don't either. Lightning fans said his ceiling could be a 3C. It's unlikely he becomes better than Danault, yes, but if a player were to do that, then I'd trade Danault. That's why I said "if".

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I guess reading comprehension isn't your strong suit. You should go back and read the part where I said "IF".

Danault is a 3rd line center. Big deal. Nothing special. That season playing on the top line with Radulov and Pacioretty was an illusion. He's a 30-40 point player. If someone is able to beat him out for that spot I would gladly trade him for a good return.

You do know that the year he played with Pacioretty and Radulov he produced less with them then without them? That he played virtually no PP that year? That he produced more than Galchenyuk (for example) at 5-on-5 per 60?
Danault is a keeper. Center, reliable defensively, can be used all over the top-9, good speed, good instincts. We should want more of these, not less.

Reactions: Fixxer and Mrb1p

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

That I agree but I think he's young enough to fit in with the younger guys we'd get during the rebuild. He's only 25.

Reactions: Fixxer

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I think it's interesting that all Armia, Reilly and Peca are 25 years old and were acquired in the last few months. They could be good stopgaps and if the team is smart, we could, for once, maximize our asset value here.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
At some point, the negativity toward this team has to end and I won't wait for Bergevin to be fired to show enthusiasm. I can honestly say that I'm excited to see those new faces (Domi, Peca, Armia).

excited for what though? Unless Price is unreal, they are going to struggle in a big way especially once Pac is traded depending on the return. I think it's good to bring in Armia, Reilly, Domi, Peca, to get some speed and skill but I'm worried this team ends up between 10th and 14th which if next draft class ends up being what it's hyped to be would cost us a great shot at finding a star player. It's a very troubling time to be a Hab fan.

Reactions: bsl
Aug 25, 2009
éal
excited for what though? Unless Price is unreal, they are going to struggle in a big way especially once Pac is traded depending on the return. I think it's good to bring in Armia, Reilly, Domi, Peca, to get some speed and skill but I'm worried this team ends up between 10th and 14th which if next draft class ends up being what it's hyped to be would cost us a great shot at finding a star player. It's a very troubling time to be a Hab fan.
For sure... but the lottery being what it's like, who knows? I wouldnt be mad if we finished outside of the bottom 5, we would still get 22-25% chance at a top 3 picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->