Matthew Kang - Owen Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
He's now playing for the Owen Sound Attack, but I believe he was playing Junior A to start the year. Anybody know the sudden change of heart to start playing major junior? He has 5pts in 4 games so far for a 16 yr old. He's not listed as a big guy, 5'10 or so. Does anyone have a scouting report on this guy??....and will he be at the U17 tourney in Lethbridge with Team Ontario?

VOB

Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
Yes he has been named to the Ontario U-17 team. He is your atypical highly skilled smallish player with good speed. Hard to say right now if he can translalte his talent into a successful pro career.

He was strongly considering the U.S. college route and was all set to sign with Michigan before Owen Sound made a big push for him.

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
Here was the press release on St. Mike's website the other month:

------------

The Ontario Hockey League squad signed St. Michael’s Buzzers right-winger Matthew Kang Wednesday for next season.

“I know I’m going to learn a lot playing basically with men,†the five-foot-11, 180 pound 15-year-old said after a news conference Wednesday. “I was really impressed by the coaching staff and the team and I just decided Owen Sound was the place for me because I knew they would make me the best hockey player.â€

Since he wasn’t signed prior to the season starting, Kang’s only eligible to play 10 games this year for the Attack, either between Oct. 15 and the end of the World Junior Hockey Championships or after the Buzzers season is finished

-----------

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
This kid has 100 point ptential in the OHL, he has torn up every league he has played in and looks above average in the O as a 15 year old.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->