News Article: Matthew Bové Sabres' Season Preview

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
So the question is: Would a 90 point finish and missing the playoffs by (in my opinion) 6 points leave a content fanbase going into another playoffless offseason? I'd be disappointed except that I think we are going to start slow as the team adjusts to Housley. Probably in the bottom third of league into November before they start putting things together. I think the big run happens in January as teams settle into the mid-season blahs while the Sabres are just hitting their grove under a new system. The run gets them into contention and they bounce around the wildcard race but ultimately fall short as the Metro puts a team around 100 points in a wildcard spot. Best chance to make the playoffs is CBJ regresses. I've never been totally on board with how that roster is put together, a key injury in net and they sputter putting a mid to low 90s team into wildcard contention.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I don't think our shoot-outs could be any worse than they were. That's 6 attainable points right there, ignoring everything else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad