Speculation: Matthew Boldy NHL arrival? (read OP)

when will Matthew Boldy be NHL ready?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
with NHL 21 out, I thought it would be fun/interesting to try and add some high caliber player that are not accessible in the game (KHL and NCAA).

I figured the best way to gage the overall of these players would be to ask the fans that (insert player) plays for.

will post results in the EA sport thread

Please answer honestly​

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Assuming this is his last year of college hockey (I think it will be), he’ll be given an opportunity to make the club in 21-22. I wouldn’t exactly call him ‘NHL Ready’ at that point though. So I went with 2 years...

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
How can anyone know? He hasn't started to play this season. Any opinion at all would be inaccurate and premature.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Depends on your definition of NHL ready. He could've played straight out of the draft and given you a similar season to what Kunin just had. He could certainly play NHL minutes this year as well. Under normal circumstances 2 years at BC would've been perfect, but Under the current conditions, it's hard to know what kind of development any of the kids will make.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Had to go through and update all the rosters today it was butt. They have a new feature where you can adjust each players skating stride so I had to go through and make Perfetti’s stride wonky, too, which took some time

Reactions: BagHead

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm thinking one more college season, and one AHL season. That's if you want him to be a rookie that isn't in over his head.

Had to go through and update all the rosters today it was butt. They have a new feature where you can adjust each players skating stride so I had to go through and make Perfetti’s stride wonky, too, which took some time
A true connoisseur. You have my applause.

Reactions: a79krgm

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
Saw Boldy at the Wilds development camp at
the Tria Rink. I always like to see a player play before I make an assessment of his skill. Boldy was having a hard time with the skill drills they put the boys through. I have a hard time believing this kid will be a top six forward in the NHL
Best player at that camp Nico Sturm.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
the Tria Rink. I always like to see a player play before I make an assessment of his skill. Boldy was having a hard time with the skill drills they put the boys through. I have a hard time believing this kid will be a top six forward in the NHL
I think every comment you’ve made on here has been pessimistic

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Nico Sturm is 25 years old. Of course he stood out in a camp for 18-19 year olds. To suggest that Boldy doesn't have the puck skills for simple drills is rather embarrassing.

Reactions: Chrisinroch

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

What a drastic conclusion to draw from such an unimportant viewing.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
We’ll see. Maybe he just had a bad day. Thing is I was there were you?

I watched most of his BC games this season, does that count?

I wonder why he needed to go to BC. I think he could have got a better developmental experience at another college. e.g. more opportunity to lead and be counted on … BC is stacked with high end talent.

Boldy is the high end talent at BC now. He, Newhook and Knight.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yes sir it does. How did he look?

Very slick hands, great passer. If anything he looked like he tried to make too many skill plays when he could have made a more simple dump or pass. While a lot of times it resulted in turnovers, other times it resulted in chances that couldn't have been generated by anyone else on the ice.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
It’s a surprising take. Most experts would agree his skill level is through the roof and that he has more talent Offensive potential than anyone in our organization not named Kaprizov, Rossi or Fiala.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
My guess is that he will sign with the Wild after his NCAA season finishes and will make his NHL debut later this season. I'm also predicting that he makes the NHL team out of training camp for the '21-'22 season.

Reactions: ctmagic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad