Matteau expectations that will make you smile.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Parise played on the fourth line his rookie year.

I'm pretty sure he was demoted to the 4th line after cooling down. I think he started the season a little warm, he was definitely on the PP in his first game because I think his first goal was scored on the power play.

Boucher was riding pretty high, then Pete threw him down on the 4th line, while players who weren't doing jack continued to play on lines and ice time they had no business playing on. Boucher might have cooled down for a few games, though Pete threw him straight onto the 4th line kinda prematurely IMO.

Now Boucher from last year in either of his call ups didn't really do much to deserve to be playing higher than the 4th line.

If Boucher looks like he did for most of his two very brief stints last year. I think he'll definitely be either on the 4th line or back up to Albany, where he has the entire season to still be waiver exempt.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lets be honest. Matteau in the AHL was terrible. If he was waiver exempt he would be back there for sure. The potential is their due to his size. But in an ideal world, he hasn't earnt an NHL call up.

While I do think he could use another year in the AHL and he probably should be there still (that was totally a year wasted off his ECL in 12-13 and wasn't worth it), I think he showed he belonged last year in his late call up.

Combat Koala

Tough buildings never die
Oct 29, 2014
What I wish for: 15+25 to combine for 40 points.

Reality: 8+15 or less. I'll be happy if he is able to play the whole season and shows that he can be a regular NHL'er.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
A guy who has never been a scorer, at any level, is now going to pot 20? If he combined for 20 between this year and next ill be happy. I see like 20 points this year with sround 75-80 PIMs and a few healthy scratches.

This year is put up or shut up for Boucher.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I don't think anyone genuinely expects 20 goals out of him next year. That's crazy talk.

My 20-20 comment was what I expect him to top out at. We won't see that from him for a while, if at all.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
I don't think anyone genuinely expects 20 goals out of him next year. That's crazy talk.

My 20-20 comment was what I expect him to top out at. We won't see that from him for a while, if at all.

Your comment, in my opinion, was pretty clear that, while you had hopes for Matteau, you didn't think he could get 20 goals next year, and only in his prime could he achieve that, which is similar to my view. I think some other people were a little less clear if they meant something similar to what you did or if they meant that he would pot 20 this upcoming season. I read their comments to mean the latter, but hopefully you're right that they meant the former, since I wouldn't want them to be disappointed.

MichaelJ

May 20, 2013
Expectations that'll make me smile? Other teams value him enough to be part of a trade package that nets us a young top6 forward.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
Wow I am amazed with the expectations fans have for Matteau. IMO he doesn't belong in the NHL yet. He will get his shot because we are so weak with depth. I do think he is better than Boucher however. On a good team neither sniff the NHL ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00