Matt Tennyson

germanshark1311

Jan 9, 2011
Hey,

What do you think about his season until now? can he be a regular nhl player? Doug Wilson thinking high of him, if I read the right articel into the past...

By the way...ty wishart the former first round pick of the Sharks is playing since one month in my hometown in germany.....

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
NHL and Sharks are about marketing to bring in revenue. Tennyson has an interesting marketing angle in that he's the first (and only, so far) Jr. Sharks to play for the Sharks.

The Sharks organization has used that marketing angle, but winning is everything. Tennyson needs to improve to put that behind him. He does not want to be known for that too much, but rather his contributions on the ice.

Tennyson is hard to read as he seems to be "middle of the road" on everything... defense, offense, applying pressure one on one, passing, hitting, etc. So its hard for me to see what strengths he will develop and what type of defenseman he will be. At this point, I'd say average 3rd pairing with leaning towards defense, but not offense production is his likely peak.

If he can work more on offensive part of his game, and score goals, his value will go up.

Last edited:

whlscowt

I think he can be a regular for a few seasons. He has an average skillset; and I honestly believe he has more offense in the tank though his possession stats are a bit meh (I think it's more system based with how that pairing is handled though). A team will always need what he brings (especially if there is an expansion) for as long as he can maintain his skating. But he doesn't look to have the top-4 upside many would have hoped for 2 seasons ago. He's a good 6th dman, and I honestly believe in this cap world he's better than what a lot of teams have in that position.

DarrylshutzSydor

Aug 9, 2007
California
Sometimes you just need to give a player like Tennyson ice time and see if he gets better. He's shown flashes of being a competent regular nhl'er. Paul Martin's first couple of years in the NHL were full of mishap play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad