GDT: Matt Stajan's 1000th game. Also we're playing the Ducks

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
I can't remember, was Hartley fired right after regular season ended or did they wait couple of weeks?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I can't remember, was Hartley fired right after regular season ended or did they wait couple of weeks?

I think they waited a couple of weeks.

I am pretty sure it was after player exit interviews because there was a lot of talk about the young guys all saying they wanted him gone and speculation that may have led to his firing.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Interim coach. Find a real replacement in the offseason.

So Dave Cameron on the PP and full strength?

200.gif

They must have waited until he finished up all his ice cream cake.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Should've let him go at the deadline. We weren't getting it done then and we aren't now. Had we at least rolled the dice on getting rid of him at that point, there was still enough games to turn things around. Now it will make pretty much no difference.
Well, we still need to win games to make sure the Isles don't get a higher pick. Let him go and let the guys play loose without the shackles of the system

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Well, we still need to win games to make sure the Isles don't get a higher pick. Let him go and let the guys play loose without the shackles of the system

Where the Isles pick should have absolutely nothing to do with how we run our team but even if it was we are pretty locked into the 12/13/14 pick. I guess if you are really concerned that the Isles picking at 12 looks a lot worse than 14 then sure but I can't see that as an issue.

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Where the Isles pick should have absolutely nothing to do with how we run our team but even if it was we are pretty locked into the 12/13/14 pick. I guess if you are really concerned that the Isles picking at 12 looks a lot worse than 14 then sure but I can't see that as an issue.
I think the real concern is the optics of it if the Isles win the lottery. Obviously the value of the pick at the time of the trade was not "expected top 3 pick", but that won't stop people from viewing it as much worse if it does end up being a top 3 pick. I think it's irrationally going to sting a fair bit if that pick does end up winning the lottery.

Reactions: FlamerForLife

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad