GDT: Matt Stajan's 1000th game. Also we're playing the Ducks

Mr Snrub

I like the way Snrub thinks!
Oct 12, 2016
I was going to say the same. I mean, I'd hate to turn on the guy cause he certainly helped us get us where we were.... but since coming back from injury he's also helped us get us where we are.

This nosedive in the last few weeks when it mattered most has really tarnished his season imo. I still think on the whole he's been really good, but to call your goalie a #1 guy he's gotta be able to make key saves at key times. Pretty unexpected considering what he did through the rest of the season, makes me wonder if he's still injured or something.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
I think it's 11 goals we've scored in last 6 games. So under 2 goals for per game since we beat Buffalo 5-1. Not nearly good enough for the stretch run trying to squeek in.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Shutout twice in three games. Sheesh what an embarrassment, glad I spent the last 2 periods studying instead of watching this gong show of a team. Onwards and upwards next season I suppose.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
As much as I and the rest of us bitch about the Flames being buttholes, at least I ain't dropping $7-10k on seasons to watch this trash heap of a season at home.

I went to two games (one for free, one bleeders) and I couldn't imagine watching 40 games of this lackluster play.

Embarrassing to be shutout or score 1 measly goal this many times at home.

And for the love of God you stupid idiots, shut down Monahan already.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
The 3 games I went to this season were spectacular and renewed my belief in the Flames every time. Shame they couldn't do replicate that for the other home games

lightstorm

Oct 17, 2016
Veterans sh@t the bed yet again. Smith, Brouwer, brutal. Frolik, Backs, Gio terrible. Hamilton offensively great, but his effort on Cogliano's goal was disgusting.

Bennett busting his ass, but of course nothing to show for it. Johnny looked visibly frustrated after the Kase goal, only saw a glimpse but looked like he threw his hands up in the air in disgust.

Not sure what people see in Janko. Anderson looked decent.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I’ve maybe watched 10 min each of the last 3 games. Its not entertaining to watch a team that has quit, so I’d rather spend my energy doing other things.

Smith probably is still hurt. But I saw him get scored on last night and I saw the expression on his face, it’s not good guys. The players have checked out. Smith should be shut down, Monahan should shut down and Gully should be dismissed.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Watched about ten minutes of the second, naturally I saw the third goal go in. Not worth it.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
At this point, they should just let Gully go rather than let him be a lame duck coach while this team flounders about for 7 more games

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
At this point, they should just let Gully go rather than let him be a lame duck coach while this team flounders about for 7 more games
Should've let him go at the deadline. We weren't getting it done then and we aren't now. Had we at least rolled the dice on getting rid of him at that point, there was still enough games to turn things around. Now it will make pretty much no difference.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Should've let him go at the deadline. We weren't getting it done then and we aren't now. Had we at least rolled the dice on getting rid of him at that point, there was still enough games to turn things around. Now it will make pretty much no difference.

Depends on who you are hoping to replace him with I suppose. If you want Trotz or potentially Coach Q you gotta wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad