Matt Robertson

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php3?encode=TRUE&pid=83348

small speedy with a wicked shot. gets into places to score, size hasnt been a factor all year. came off a major shoulder injury at start of season. could be a sleeper
31 goals in 55 games in the dub (variety of linemates) playing as a 2nd line winger.
won the telus cup in 2006 with hometown minto's. broke sidney crosby's scoring record in that tournement.
thought ?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I wondered why this guy was passed over in the 2006 NHL draft--I would have thought some NHL team would have taken him in the late rounds --so he's not big (by weight) but there are lots of small guys being ranked high now with the "new NHL" =look a pat Kane...Robetson is no Kane--but you are correct ,he has a sniper's scoring shot...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I wondered why this guy was passed over in the 2006 NHL draft--I would have thought some NHL team would have taken him in the late rounds --so he's not big (by weight) but there are lots of small guys being ranked high now with the "new NHL" =look a pat Kane...Robertson is no Kane--but you are correct ,he has a sniper's scoring shot...

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
I wondered why this guy was passed over in the 2006 NHL draft--I would have thought some NHL team would have taken him in the late rounds --so he's not big (by weight) but there are lots of small guys being ranked high now with the "new NHL" =look a pat Kane...Robertson is no Kane--but you are correct ,he has a sniper's scoring shot...

was probably passed over cause he was playing midget AAA, and due to size and a higher level of pcompetition, nobody would have fugured he would score 30 this year. but he has got these goal primarily without a good playmaker on his line.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
another goal and assist for robertson tonight. 32g 18 a 56 games. 32 goals in a league thats hard to score in. 10 pp goals 2 sh 20 even strength

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Ya I've been on to him for a while now. He was one of my sleeper picks last year and will likely be one this year. I love how he gets open and can score from almost anywhere. I like his teammate DePape too.

Sabes

Feb 27, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Ya I've been on to him for a while now. He was one of my sleeper picks last year and will likely be one this year. I love how he gets open and can score from almost anywhere. I like his teammate DePape too.

That is exactly it, he just finds those spots and it seems the puck comes to him. He has a great release on his shot too. He has good chemistry with Ryan McDonald and Ryan DePape. All 3 of them are having good years on a not so good team. All 3 of them are 88 birthdates too.

Sabes

Feb 27, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Robertson with a hat-trick tonight to help the Raiders clinch a play-off spot. 37 goals on the year with 1 game left. Tied for 5th in the league for goals now and is 1st in the league for Rookie goal scoring.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Geez, what's the catch?!?! This guy is a mystery right now, let's keep some tabs on this guy and see what we can dig up.

CertifiedPublicGuin

Oct 21, 2005
Wow... I imagine he won't remain an unknown for much longer. Unless there's a fatal flaw we can't see from looking at the stats. :dunno:

sbtatter

Feb 27, 2005
I watched the first 2 games of the series in Bdn. Robertson is definitely small!! He is quick, but not the fastest guy on the ice. You know, McDonald was more noticeable than Robertson. But I think his point production will get even better next year as he will be older, and the team will be a lot better. He's a bit like Clark from the Wheaties, good player in the dub but is he honestly too small to progress much further? He's likely worth a later pick in the draft, label him a project...

pouskin74*

i personally like the way he playng. result!!!! thats important! he got a points what else we need?;)

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Was on a regular on PK in the final half of the season

i wansnt really talking about him. the guy who posted above me said he gets points. what else do you need??? and i said you need defence. it wasnt anything against robertson. i was just saying:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad