Injury Report: Matt Read (lower body, foot) is day-to-day; will play today (Nov. 29)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
A late announcement tonight.

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/blogpost.htm?id=23290

Raffl will replace the injured Matt Read, who didn't practice Monday nor skated at the morning skate today.

Read is dealing with a lower-body injury. According to General Manager Paul Holmgren, Read is day-to-day.

“[Raffl's] the type of player who can move up and down the lineup,†Berube said. “He played with [Claude] Giroux for a while and looked good there and Giroux liked playing with him. He’s been on the checking line, on the fourth line… Whatever line he’s on he’s helped out the line.

“He’s been very good. He’s a positive kid and a happy kid who works hard and loves being around the team. We really like him and we’re going to get him in there. Everybody wants to play and contribute but sometimes you have to be patient.â€

The Flyers did consider sending him down to the Phantoms for some game action, but felt that he was still benefitting plenty from practicing regularly with the team.

“He’s our only extra forward and we need an extra forward up here,†Berube said. “I think he’s still developing even though he’s not playing. He’s doing a lot of good stuff in practice. He’s getting used to the pace – even if it’s just practice. Right now I don’t see[him having been out of the lineup] being a problem.â€

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
He had a near-equal balance of shifts in the game against Florida: 7-8-7 by period.

Apparently, it was from a blocked shot in that game.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Turned on the game and was pleased to see Raffl playing.

Then I saw Rosehill on the bench and realized someone was injured.

SuchySays

Jun 25, 2012
Poconos
Tim Panaccio ‏@tpanotchCSN 2m
Matt Read told me he blocked a shot vs. FLA. Skate boot doesnt fit. Swollen and bruised. Hopes to play FRI

BackToTheBrierePatch

Justice for Cricket
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
sounds like it was one of those things where the foot swelled up after the skate came off after the Florida game. Im guessing its just a bruise. I would think if was broken we would of heard something by now.

oh wait. nmind.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Any news on if he will be good for today or tomorrow?

It'll probably be determined when he gets to the arena. There was no practice yesterday because of the holiday.

He is going to take part in today's pregame skate to determine his status.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad