Matt Puempel

TheSpinMove

Dec 3, 2010
Ottawa
This guy has been putting up better numbers since the start of the season and for a known goal scorer in his OHL days has been getting a surprising amount of PIMS. Can anyone who gets to sees him in lots of BSens games comment on his play and new found grit?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Havent seen him, But from what ive heard from people that do, in the bingo thread, is that he comes to play every night, snipes. Comes as advertised pretty much. Not to mention hes gaining size. NHL lists him at 6'1 205. to compare..Marian Hossa is listed at 6'1 210.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
He's a good player but he's not going to get any call up this season in lieu of massive injuries. He's 2 - 3 years away from seeing time in the O.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
I've been observing Matt this season real close and the kid has what it takes..I'm not going into classic cliches, ie: great hands, good vision, yadayada..

Let's just say he's gonna be a top 6 someday..

EDIT: And I will be extremely pissed if he's involved in a trade for a rental I recently have heard

Last edited:

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Kid is improving but needs more seasoning for sure. Long term project, no chance he is on the team next season.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Agree with others. After another full yr in bingo nxt yr in the top 6 and more of a leader he should be ready.
I really like his potential. Cannot be traded. The scoring depth is too shallow now.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I've been observing Matt this season real close and the kid has what it takes..I'm not going into classic cliches, ie: great hands, good vision, yadayada..

EDIT: And I will be extremely pissed if he's involved in a trade for a rental I recently have heard

for PAP?

elicw10

Mar 19, 2007
This guy has been putting up better numbers since the start of the season and for a known goal scorer in his OHL days has been getting a surprising amount of PIMS. Can anyone who gets to sees him in lots of BSens games comment on his play and new found grit?

He played Junior for the Petes. You learn defensive responsibility, back-checking, and playing with an edge regardless of your role on the team or whether you play that way during the game. Their emphasis is on producing NHL players, not stars, so it is taught to everyone so that even if you are a point producer in the OHL, but you happen to not have a game that translates into NHL offence, there is a chance you stick as a grinder.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Jinx thread! :sarcasm:

Grady Whittenburg ‏@BSensRadio 43m
No Grant or Puempel on the ice. With Andre Peterson back on the second line, Danny Hobbs looking like he'll center the 3rd line.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004

I agree. We need to keep all this quality in the system and develop it. The guys who need to move are the roster warmers who have not panned out.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad