Prospect Info: Matt O'Connor #29

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Expert analysis: Hipster haircut :sarcasm:

That Cameron "we made the playoffs" celebration at 1:00 was great.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I appreciate him wearing #29 so that we can all breathe some new life into those old Gerber jerseys.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Really interested to see him play. Hopefully their is a stream of that rookie tournament and some ahl games so i can see him play.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
I appreciate him wearing #29 so that we can all breathe some new life into those old Gerber jerseys.

Plus, his name bar is longer than "Gerber". Easy name bar replacement..

....for the seven people who own Gerber jerseys.

Really interested to see him play. Hopefully their is a stream of that rookie tournament and some ahl games so i can see him play.

Would be nice. TBH I always enjoy even just Grady on the radio. But of course it gives us no real idea of their play.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Not gonna lie, I'm pretty stoked on him.

Ben Bishop 2.0

My favourite thing a about him is that he seems smart enough to see that Bishop's extensive preparation in the AHL greatly helped develop him as a goalie. He does not seem the like the type to give the sens an ultimatum to get onto the roster.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
My favourite thing a about him is that he seems smart enough to see that Bishop's extensive preparation in the AHL greatly helped develop him as a goalie. He does not seem the like the type to give the sens an ultimatum to get onto the roster.

Maybe this isn't quite a fair statement, but it seems like he has the total reverse mentality than Lehner did. Totally agree with the bolded.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Anderson, Hammond and O'Connor all seem to have a great attitude. I think this could lead to at least a few years of stable and drama free goaltending which is going to be really nice.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Too many goalies with high ceilings man... these are the problems you welcome on your club with open arms. :laugh:

Hogberg really is an almost forgotten prospect to many. Admittedly I've never really seen him play in any meaningful capacity, but y'all have me pretty pumped about our goaler sitch for the next while.

#buckthegoaliegraveyardtrend

Clarke

Aug 21, 2008
Toronto
The only thing im worried about him and im a big fan of his, is how he will react when he's not on the best team in the country. As everyone knows, confidence is the biggest thing for a goalie and winning instills confidence.. curious to see how he reacts to playing for a mediocre (or atleast i think binghamton will be mediocre) hockey team.

He's one year removed from coming 14 of 14 in gaa and 12 of 14 in save% in the HockeyEast division.

Regardless.. it will be fun to watch the crease battles for the next couple of years.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
The only thing im worried about him and im a big fan of his, is how he will react when he's not on the best team in the country. As everyone knows, confidence is the biggest thing for a goalie and winning instills confidence.. curious to see how he reacts to playing for a mediocre (or atleast i think binghamton will be mediocre) hockey team.

He's one year removed from coming 14 of 14 in gaa and 12 of 14 in save% in the HockeyEast division.

Regardless.. it will be fun to watch the crease battles for the next couple of years.

Not sure it matters though. The AHL is better then the NCAA even if he was on the best team. He will get more challenged this season.

I am not sure if how much you win matters if you have a good head. Hammond was on an awful NCAA team and really poor Bingo teams. His career record before the NHL is like the reverse Ken Dryden... Unbelievably bad teams and an absurdly poor W-L record. Then he comes to the NHL and can not lose. Even when he was not totally on... Guy gutted it out and won so many games the second half of his streak. Guy knows how to win... Even when he had little experience winning. O'Connor will hopefully just play his best in Bingo and learn how to be a pro goalie. I don't think not winning 80-90% of games should faze him. Hopefully.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Can't say enough good things about his attitude, and the dedication he shows as a student of the game.

Hopefully he shines in Bingo this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->