Matt Niskanen

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
Green has looked good to me, and I've watched every game so far. He isn't going against top lines usually, but I don't think we have anything to complain about on that front...
So far its working pretty much as many of us expected.

Niskanen gets more minutes and is steady at both ends....but Green gets more points as he gets better matchups to deal with and maximize his skills.

The defense is going to put up some points this year and give other teams the fits when it comes to matchups.

I sold on Niskanen.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Another rock solid game.

He was on the ice for the first goal but thats going to happen sometimes.

Purcell made a great play. That dude killed us when he was with Tampa and the trend continues. Another Jon Simm

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
So far its working pretty much as many of us expected.

Niskanen gets more minutes and is steady at both ends....but Green gets more points as he gets better matchups to deal with and maximize his skills.

The defense is going to put up some points this year and give other teams the fits when it comes to matchups.

I sold on Niskanen.

The Trotz system plays to Greens strengths, he allows the defensemen to get more involved on offense, and Green strength is puck possession. He plays good d by doing a good job of keeping the puck in the other teams zone.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
looks to me like trotz system is what McPhee needed all along with all his mobile defensemen. they use the d to create the offensive rush and to keep the puck in the offensive end. they also use the d in tight neutral zone gaps to force teams to give up the puck.

green and Carlson and niskanen....even alzner are perfect

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Alzner and Carlson were easily our best defenseman last year and so far this year they've been the #3 and #4 guys.

Niskanen is solid, smart with the puck. Just what the doctor ordered.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad