Confirmed with Link: Matt Murray traded to Ottawa (Jonathan Gruden and a 2020 second-round draft pick)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The return is the return. I don’t know what JR even has to do with it. Unless he lied to Dorion and told him he had other offers of a prospect + 2nd that he needed to match but GMs and JR especially don’t do that.

Same for Ryan Murray. Kekalainen probably started making calls gauging interest, saw there was little, started asking the few teams interested for a 2nd, teams countered with a later pick and/or retention, settled on a 5th. He got what he got. That is the easy part.

Reactions: Giskard

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Yeah the market was intense for goalies, I was hoping for a late first or early 2nd and a decent prospect, low key expected JR to f*** that up and get a 3rd and some wanker of a prospect or RFA.

That list also doesn’t even cover the goalies that were “on the market” via trade.

Apparently blokes like Grubauer, Francouz, Koskinen, Andersen, the CBJ goalies, Mrazek, Fleury (lol), were all also available, in addition to those free agents.
I was happy with the 2nd, I thought it would end up being a pair of laters like a 3rd + 4th. Or something of that line.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->