Friedman: Matt Murray discussions between CHI/PIT | Extension talks between Murray & CHI didn't work out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I wonder if Murray and his camp are asking for an insane amount from teams PIT let contact them, to try and force PIT not to qualify Murray and he can be a UFA

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I presume Murray wants more money than Chicago is willing to give him, so this is dead.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I wonder if Murray and his camp are asking for an insane amount from teams PIT let contact them, to try and force PIT not to qualify Murray and he can be a UFA

He was already qualified.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Murray should clear the arbitration walkaway threshold easily if the $6 mil award chatter is legit. Teams may just wait that out.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don't know about that. As Pens fans like to point out in justifying his trade value, 2 Stanley Cups.

One of the below is favorable for Murray. Trade value and arbitration awards are a completely different story. In a world where Jake Allen got a 3rd and Dubnyk got a 5th, Murray is closer to Allen in value no?

• The player's "overall performance" including statistics in all previous seasons
  • Injuries, illnesses, and the number of games played
  • The player's length of service with the team and in the NHL
  • The player's "overall contribution" to the team's success or failure
  • The player's "special qualities of leadership or public appeal"
  • The performance and salary of any player believed to be comparable to the player in the dispute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->