Matt Murray Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
I can't stand when people use statistics from a first round loss and try to act as if they reveal more truth about a player than the 82 games before. Thinking that the statistics for a guy who lost two series is really more telling about his ability than the statistics from 200 other games is silly to me. It has all the impact of finding a 5-7 game skid where the team loses at least 4 games and using that and only that as the relevant data for judging a player's talent. Nick Lidstrom had a -4 game. Some 'Perfect Human' he turned out to be rite?

Of course goalies will have bad stats when they lose a hockey series. If the team loses the series and the goalie still has sparkling statistics, it suggests to me the exact opposite of that goalie being elite; it suggests the entire strategy of the team is based on protecting the goalie.

If you have to discount any lost series, how do you figure out when a goalie cost his team a series? The bolded just isn't true most of the time.

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta
20210115em0456_82160798-w.jpg

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Cool story. It still was the right decision to move on from him. Also why are you posting this after Murray gave up 3 goals on 23 shots? That's not a good performance.

I'm one of Murray's biggest fans and Jarry's biggest skeptics on HFPens. The cap forced the Penguins to have to go with Jarry, it's that simple. Trading Murray was a necessary decision because of a stagnant cap.

Borgir

Jan 16, 2010
dEdmonton Alberta
Cool story. It still was the right decision to move on from him. Also why are you posting this after Murray gave up 3 goals on 23 shots? That's not a good performance.

I'm one of Murray's biggest fans and Jarry's biggest skeptics on HFPens. The cap forced the Penguins to have to go with Jarry, it's that simple. Trading Murray was a necessary decision because of a stagnant cap.

Yes, I know. Just posting a nice photo.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
We can keep this in the Around the NHL Talk. Majority of us love Murray soooo i don't see anything bad here. But sadly it's an Around the NHL thread discussion. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad