Waived: Matt Moulson

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo

what's the other team, because Sabres have both Moulson and Okposo. I mean at least Okposo is serviceable. He's not worth the money he's making right now, but he is an NHL player, he's just had some bad luck and/or that injury has effected his game. Moulson on the other hand can't skate and because of that no matter how good his hands are he's useless in the NHL. Being good in feont of the net on deflections is only useful if you can get to the front of the net.

I've never heard a bad word spoken on his character however. Murray bashed his off ice habits, but that was pretty uncalled for to go pub lic with it. Hope adding him to the Amerks allows him to mentor the kids a bit, and let them see what it takes to have a long NHL career.

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
RIP Matt Moulson 2009 - 2017

Nevar foarget

39e15689b66a518f34495e410d496b94.jpg

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
what's the other team, because Sabres have both Moulson and Okposo. I mean at least Okposo is serviceable. He's not worth the money he's making right now, but he is an NHL player, he's just had some bad luck and/or that injury has effected his game. Moulson on the other hand can't skate and because of that no matter how good his hands are he's useless in the NHL. Being good in feont of the net on deflections is only useful if you can get to the front of the net.

I've never heard a bad word spoken on his character however. Murray bashed his off ice habits, but that was pretty uncalled for to go pub lic with it. Hope adding him to the Amerks allows him to mentor the kids a bit, and let them see what it takes to have a long NHL career.
the avalanche with parenteau. okposo barely played with tavares by the way.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
He loves WNY. The family environment. Would imagine if he isn't claimed finishes out the year helping Rochester into a playoff run. After that its either a buyout or another year in Rochester.
Can't help but think back to what he said 3 years ago about WNY being a great place to raise a family. Is there a coaching opportunity in the future?

Also, Okposo, who came from the Islanders as well. He loves the area to. One thing about WNY is it is a fantastic place to raise a family. Small city surrounded by small town communities that have that feel.

Tavares uncle was a superstar for the Buffalo Bandits Lacrosse team for years. Can't help but think Tavares, another Islander, wouldn't consider Buffalo if he doesn't re-sign, to help lift the Sabres and raise a family here.
One can hope.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Wouldn't be surprised to see him in Florida after we pay his signing bonus on July 1st. 5 million cap hit and a 2 million actual salary may be tempting for a cap team with the cap expected to rise almost 5 million. He could be a decent 13th forward and pp presence.

Maybe for McGinn

If his stat line looked anything better then the current 14GP and zero points I could see a team maybe being interested next season for $2m.

Right now, especially if he does get assigned to the AHL, I can’t see a team taking him even at $2m next season.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
He loves WNY. The family environment. Would imagine if he isn't claimed finishes out the year helping Rochester into a playoff run. After that its either a buyout or another year in Rochester.
Can't help but think back to what he said 3 years ago about WNY being a great place to raise a family. Is there a coaching opportunity in the future?

Also, Okposo, who came from the Islanders as well. He loves the area to. One thing about WNY is it is a fantastic place to raise a family. Small city surrounded by small town communities that have that feel.

Tavares uncle was a superstar for the Buffalo Bandits Lacrosse team for years. Can't help but think Tavares, another Islander, wouldn't consider Buffalo if he doesn't re-sign, to help lift the Sabres and raise a family here.
One can hope.

Pat Lafontaine lives on Long Island.... actually, Miro Satan still has a house on Long Island too. Don't hold your breath hoping JT signs in Buffalo.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Sucks for Matt but this was long overdue. He's been the least effective even strength player in the league for a couple years now, it's like he lost all his hockey abilities except shooting.
He never had any hockey abilities except shooting. He is the worst 30 goal scorer in league history.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017

One can hope.
you just gave the one reason it wont happen

john was the stickboy on that MILL squad, the one thing that impressed him the most was that his uncle played on one team and one team only. he has said thats his goal. thats what drives him.

so unless the Isles move to buffalo...

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
I think he'll get claimed by one team, going to guess Edmonton, then gets claimed again down the road.
Nope. We have one contract spot. Sure as heck it isn't going to Moulson who has another year at 5 mill when we need that space desperately next year and have many guys to sign.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Two and both play for Buffalo. Interesting. Buffalo's pro scouting should be under very intense scrutiny for this.

(1) Okposo rarely played with Tavares in NYI; and (2) His problem stems from a medical issue that kept him in the hospital all last spring. He was perfectly fine his first year in Buffalo.

Reactions: Chainshot

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
I love Moulson but yeah he was on the decline for awhile. Wish him the best.

Because of JT, Moulson got overpaid, Okposo slightly overpaid, Parenteau with the Avs got overpaid, interestingly though Brad Boyes got a one year million dollar deal after he played with JT. I expect to see Josh Bailey get at least $5 mil per year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad