Speculation: Matt Moulson, what are the Sabres options?

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Burying him either requires Rochester to use a vet slot on him or bench him there... which won’t go over well with the ‘hockey crowd’. Only 300k in cap, but there’s more to it

I’d take Moulson on the Amerks if it wasn’t for the veteran rule, which would cause problems if they ever get healthy.
For the record, I'm talking about what happens if the Sabres send him down next season.

Wisent42

Jan 9, 2012
Södertälje
Play out this season as the 13th and then retire and give him a job consulting something.
If he doesn't retire I am sure we can move him to Florida as his actual dollars to be paid are 2 million opposed to that 5 million cap hit and their owner is cheap.
Trade Moulson and a 5th to them for McGinn.

This. He could actually carry some level of trade value for a team with internal cap limits and/or that need to stay above the cap floor. If only he could still make himself useful...

RhinosLastFan

Nov 7, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe after we pay his signing bonus he's only owed 3M more or so. We can probably move that to AZ or Vegas for a mid round pick, Fasching or something of that value. As was said, it's almost done, it isn't the end of the world if we send him down to save the million against the cap. Vet slots are valuable, but he'd be a good player in the AHL, so you wouldn't lose a lot in talent.

Deleted member 27798

Just leave him in the press box for the rest of the season, unless they are on the road when an injury hits, and a Rochester call-up is not possible. Buyout in the off-season.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
Trade Moulson to Toronto where he can spend his remaining days on Robidas island.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad