Proposal: Matt Martin for a cap-dump Defenceman

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Teams still value tough guys. Martin may be overpaid, but he's better than Reaves, and look at how much he's gone for in trades. Maybe we have to retain or take back a cap dump, but he's not a useless player who does not have value. If we retain 50%, he makes about the same amount as Reaves, and that would make him more valuable than him too.

I think you would be very hard pressed to find a single GM that thinks Matt Martin is worth more then Reaves.

Reactions: iSophagus

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I think you would be very hard pressed to find a single GM that thinks Matt Martin is worth more then Reaves.

I agree. I think you would be hard pressed to find a single GM that thinks Martin is worth more than a very late draft pick.

But, more importantly, I don't think Martin is worth much on the ice for the Leafs. He didn't dress during our series with Boston, and was scratched half the year. So why keep him when he isn't even playing? Why not bring in a defenceman that can actually do something to help the team?

Maybe the thread title saying "cap dump" led people to think I was just looking for a way to get rid of Martin. But I think the options I gave would really help the team. Why not spend a bit more cap space for a blueliner that might actually play in our top 4, like Boychuk or Bogosian, instead of an enforcer that doesn't play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad