Waived: Matt Hunwick

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I honestly kind of hope Tim Army is the next one gone. Did anyone catch the game where it showed Army trying to explain something to McGinn with his fingers and McGinn was totally ignoring him?

I think players still see Army as one of the "Sacco era" guys and therefore he has almost no credibility with the players since the Sacco era essentially drove our team into the ground.

Tim Army's role behind the bench is probably very minimal because the assistant coach is Andre Tourigny isnt he?

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Why? He is a great guy who always gave it his all.

So was Tim Tebow. I still couldn't wait to broom his ass out of town and erase the memory of him ever being a Bronco.
Similar to how I hope to never remember that Hunwick and Sacco were ever Avs.

There are plenty of athletes who are great but complete *******s. On the flip side there are plenty who are great people who are complete wastes of space on a roster.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Wonder if Mac makes a bid for changing his number now :sarcasm:

It's highly possible , I hope none of you already bought a Nate Jersey with #29.
We joked about it since day one , as soon as Hunwick will be gone , Nate will probably switch back to #22

ROB gone
SOB gone
Zanon gone
Hunwick gone

today is a great day to be alive

It's like Xmas two months early :sarcasm:
But joke aside it's 4 Dman out of 6-7 who were with us last year , who are no longer with the Avs . Thats a lot :amazed:

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
It's highly possible , I hope none of you already bought a Nate Jersey with #29.
We joked about it since day one , as soon as Hunwick will be gone , Nate will probably switch back to #22

It's like Xmas two months early :sarcasm:
But joke aside it's 4 Dman out of 6-7 who were with us last year , who are no longer with the Avs . Thats a lot :amazed:

And yet the team D is already drastically better. That says even more.
A lot of it is coaching though. We'll see how it holds up over the course of the entire season.

ORLY

Oct 31, 2011
I actually like Nate in #29. Looks unique, different in a good way. Thought I'd hate it but it looks good on the ice.

OldSchoolAvalanche*

So was Tim Tebow. I still couldn't wait to broom his ass out of town and erase the memory of him ever being a Bronco.
Similar to how I hope to never remember that Hunwick and Sacco were ever Avs.

There are plenty of athletes who are great but complete *******s. On the flip side there are plenty who are great people who are complete wastes of space on a roster.
I dont think tim tebow worked at his craft like people claimed. And his play on the field showed it... why he was a arrogant a hole i think a example of that as he didnt want to play anything but qb.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I do too, I hope he keeps 29. The 22 was great but 29 is his NHL identity. Still funny MacK was soo close to claiming that 22 :laugh:

No, 22 needs to be redeemed. It once belonged to Steve Konowalchuk (awesome), then Scott Hannan (meh), and then Hunwick (ugh). We need someone to make that number awesome again. Just...don't go anywhere near 18, dude.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
I agree 29 looks good on MacKinnon but I think once 22 is available he takes it. Pretty sure MacKinnon still wears a "22" necklace.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I guess I can be happy this is his last year in the organization. Thank god we didn't jones him with a 4 year deal.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Farewell+Dean+Ashton.JPG

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
Like Foppa said, hopefully he gets another shot with a different team that can utilize him. The guy gave 110% every shift and was a good sport about sitting in the pressbox, just unfortunately for him all he can do is skate.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
http://www.broadstreethockey.com/2013/7/2/4486996/matt-hunwick-waivers-flyers-defense

Found this gem while searching for Hunwick.

The Avalanche placed Matt Hunwick, their top defenseman in 2013, on waivers today. I do not know exactly why they did this other than a pretty clear desire to shake things up under new management and a new coach, but it's a move that could reap benefits for another team in the league

Also, Lake Erie game comes on at 7:00 on Fox Sports Ohio... sucks it is during our game. Gonna record it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad