Dreger: Matt Hunwick on trade block

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Backpedaling like a bawse, apparently.

I don't see what I'm saying in here that's unfair or inaccurate. What was said during the offseason was true at the start of the year. Then Hunwick got hurt and the Penguins brought in Oleksiak, now Hunwick is expendable. I don't even think I'm "backpedaling" in here, I'm not saying what I or other Penguins fans said at the start of the year was wrong.

Here's an idea that is coming from the Penguins board: Hunwick and a draft pick (nothing significant, a 4th or so) to Arizona for Connauton at 50%. It gives the Penguins a replacement extra LD that is much cheaper, and the Coyotes get a better LD for their bottom pair.

Reactions: Trade

Apr 9, 2009
USA
So when Toronto doesn't win the cup, is Hainsey being better than Hunwick going to be their consolation prize? Seems to be as important as anything to some of you guys.

Congratulations! Oleksiak is better than both of them, so we really don't care.

OCPenguin

Jan 22, 2013
So when Toronto doesn't win the cup, is Hainsey being better than Hunwick going to be their consolation prize? Seems to be as important as anything to some of you guys.

Congratulations! Oleksiak is better than both of them, so we really don't care.

Toronto fans are the biggest and most knowledgable hockey fans relative to the Penguins. They always have been in their eyes. Just look at the comments. They know it all.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Toronto fans are the biggest and most knowledgable hockey fans relative to the Penguins. They always have been in their eyes. Just look at the comments. They know it all.

I'm surprised Hainsey wasn't the difference-maker in the game tonight. He's better than Hunwick, after all.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
A pick for Hunwick then trade picks and prospects for Brassard or Pageau

Maybe not that exact trade, but that would be the thought process behind trading Hunwick. Remove his salary (or include it) to bring in a player who fits the team. Rutherford managed to hand Scuderi over to the Hawks for Daley. So I wouldn't rule anything out.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hunwick has been somewhat of a disappointment, but still significantly better than Hainsey was here.

I think they'll hang onto him through the playoffs, because why not, and package him with a pick or prospect to some cap floor team in the summer.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Hunwick has been somewhat of a disappointment, but still significantly better than Hainsey was here.

I think they'll hang onto him through the playoffs, because why not, and package him with a pick or prospect to some cap floor team in the summer.

The only reason to trade now is to facilitate another deal. So I would agree if a trade is not needed.

Reactions: Pengwins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->