Matt Hendricks poll

If you were the coach of the Moose and had Matt Hendricks, what line would you put him on?

• Total voters

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Embarrassing question.

Out of these 5 players can you tell me which one is Hendricks?

A) CF%43.7 P60 0.69
B) CF% 47.5 P60 1.04
C) CF% 49.9 P60 1.78
D) CF% 48.3 P60 2.3
E) CF% 47.9 P60 0.91

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
People who thought petan was an NHL player or that he should play in front of Lowry plus Dano should be on team not to mention Tanav should not have been on team should recuse them self from this poll. If Hendricks is in lineup it's because he is the best option available to the team if he wasn't he wouldn't be in lineup.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Why would you want him playing on the Moose over your prospects? Brings no organizational value.

Reactions: GNP

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Ignoring the poll question and focusing on #15.

To me, this is all about having a 4th line with speed and skill to match the opposition. It's not about whether 52 is "better" than 15. (He is, by the way...)

We've clearly been more competitive this season when rolling 4 lines. With the slower Hendricks in the line-up, we've had to shorten the bench - and the results have not been positive.

That is why I was pissed yesterday at the line-up decision to keep 15 in. I know he's a great "team guy" - bring him into the locker room in between periods for motivational speeches - but keep him off the ice when more talented options are available. And that's all I have to say about that.

P.S. If 15 scores the winning goal in the deciding game, I will eat the keyboard I typed this reply on :)

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
People who thought petan was an NHL player or that he should play in front of Lowry plus Dano should be on team not to mention Tanav should not have been on team should recuse them self from this poll. If Hendricks is in lineup it's because he is the best option available to the team if he wasn't he wouldn't be in lineup.
Yup no coach has ever made a mistake!!

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
Embarrassing question.

Out of these 5 players can you tell me which one is Hendricks?

A) CF%43.7 P60 0.69
B) CF% 47.5 P60 1.04
C) CF% 49.9 P60 1.78
D) CF% 48.3 P60 2.3
E) CF% 47.9 P60 0.91

is this a 2nd round series or just last game or? stats question....I'll go with A anyways

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Ignoring the poll question and focusing on #15.

To me, this is all about having a 4th line with speed and skill to match the opposition. It's not about whether 52 is "better" than 15. (He is, by the way...)

We've clearly been more competitive this season when rolling 4 lines. With the slower Hendricks in the line-up, we've had to shorten the bench - and the results have not been positive.

That is why I was pissed yesterday at the line-up decision to keep 15 in. I know he's a great "team guy" - bring him into the locker room in between periods for motivational speeches - but keep him off the ice when more talented options are available. And that's all I have to say about that.

P.S. If 15 scores the winning goal in the deciding game, I will eat the keyboard I typed this reply on :)

Matt f***ing Hendricks isn't the reason we have a short bench.

If he was we would simply just double shift a LW from another line.

It's a ridiculous assertion for a variety of reasons.

Who would you like to see play less minutes so our 4th line gets more minutes?

Last game everyone was under 20 expect Chef and Wheels.

Do we take their minutes? Or Laine's and Ehlers? Or do we take some of the 14 minutes our best line in Lowry was away?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
No, they shouldn't. And appealing to authority in a thread that clearly is questioning the authority seems like an extremely odd decision.

bumblebeeman

Mar 16, 2016
Matt ****ing Hendricks isn't the reason we have a short bench.

Do we take their minutes? Or Laine's and Ehlers? Or do we take some of the 14 minutes our best line in Lowry was away?

Maybe if the 4th line is better they could take more defensive face-offs, could have players that actually help special teams, create offensive opportunites. Maybe you are right about it not really shortening the bench, but it goes from oh shit the 4th line is on everybody hold your breath and hope they can make it thru a shift to dang there's Perrault creating a huge matchup problem and helping the Jets get/keep momentum instead of totally losing it. I don't think the 4th line necessarily needs more minutes, but they just need the minutes they do play to not be a complete liability.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Matt ****ing Hendricks isn't the reason we have a short bench.

How do you explain dozens of games with vastly different usage of our forward lines when Hendricks went out with injury?

Maurice views Hendricks as a handicap. He coaches that way, even when he controls the matchups. It's bizarre that he prefers to have that handicap and now it seems kind of personal against the guys in the press box.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd
Jun 15, 2013
Winnipeg

For the Twitterblind: @arcticicehockey Matt Hendricks has played on 10 teams across the last 9 seasons. His team has not out-scored the opposition at 5 on 5 with him on the ice. Not even once.

This may be his best season:
Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 7.20.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-05-04 at 7.21.15 PM.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->