Recalled/Assigned: Matt Hackett

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Does anyone really think if a trade was in place at midnight last night that it wouldn't have been broken by now by McKenzie or LeBrun? Come on.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Does anyone really think if a trade was in place at midnight last night that it wouldn't have been broken by now by McKenzie or LeBrun? Come on.

Exactly. And they wouldn't make this move unless the trade were already agreed upon. It's not a trade, of course.

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY

Well there is still no word on Hackett either. Not saying there was a trade but was Hackett really even called up?!?! We are taking some reporters word who all he seen was Hackett with his pads.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I just saw that Hackett let in 6 goals on 30 shots tonight before getting pulled, so I don't think he got called up because of his play. I wonder if Miller did get moved?

I was at that game and most of those goals were NOT hackett's fault. The team as a whole really let hackett down. Only two (last two of those six) of them were real softies. It was hard watching him get pulled.

I hope this means that Miller is traded (not that i don't want the dude on our team) because then we can fully commit to a rebuild.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Well there is still no word on Hackett either. Not saying there was a trade but was Hackett really even called up?!?! We are taking some reporters word who all he seen was Hackett with his pads.

He's on the ice in Pittsburgh, so yes.

sabresandcanucks

Jul 2, 2009
Likely a precautionary move/minor injury that needs some TLC seeing how they are playing Pittsburgh...and, it is possible Enroth is going to get lit up. Rather keep Miller off the ice after seeing as much rubber as he did yesterday then have him go in for a period or two tonight with a pre-existing condition/

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
So have we gotten to the bottom of this? Why is he called up?

EDIT| Nevermind found it

@BillHoppeNHL: Ryan Miller (lower body) is questionable for tonight. #Sabres used goalie exemption for Hackett. Not serious, Regier said.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

EDIT| Nevermind found it

@BillHoppeNHL: Ryan Miller (lower body) is questionable for tonight. #Sabres used goalie exemption for Hackett. Not serious, Regier said.

Miller was hit 45 times by a puck so yeah he will get some minor injuries on the legs....

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sa...against-penguins-matt-hackett-up-from-amerks/
Matt Hackett was home in Rochester, “about to pass out,†the goalie joked, when the phone rang around midnight.

Hackett had just been shelled in the Americans’ disastrous 8-1 season-opening loss, allowing six goals on 30 shots in just 36:35 before mercifully getting yanked.

The 23-year-old wasn’t expecting a recall to the Buffalo Sabres.

“Never seen getting called up for six goals,†Hackett said this afternoon after participating in the Sabres’ optional skate.

But the Sabres needed another goalie after starter Ryan Miller (lower body) was injured in Friday’s 1-0 loss to Ottawa.

Sabres general manager Darcy Regier said Miller’s injury is “nothing serious, just minor.â€

“It’s very short-term in nature,€ he said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->