Value of: Matt Dumba

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What's he looking for in a contract? Any interest in any RFA swap of him and Namestnikov? He's not a 1C like RNH who's name has been floated for Dumba but a potential 55 point 2C who's ready for that spot next year.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
What's he looking for in a contract? Any interest in any RFA swap of him and Namestnikov? He's not a 1C like RNH who's name has been floated for Dumba but a potential 55 point 2C who's ready for that spot next year.
Dumba has more value than that.

And Namestnikov really wouldn't be much of any upgrade over Haula, Granlund, Coyle, etc.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Dumba has more value than that.

And Namestnikov really wouldn't be much of any upgrade over Haula, Granlund, Coyle, etc.

How much more?

I think it's debatable, all those players are older and have had more time in the NHL. Namestnikov had his first full season and looked good while being bounced all over the lineup. I thought Granlund and Coyle were better on the wings and I don't think Haula has the upside. I thought Edmonton fans so no to RNH for Dumba and I see Namestnikov as being just below RNH so closer in value to Dumba.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
How much more?

I think it's debatable, all those players are older and have had more time in the NHL. Namestnikov had his first full season and looked good while being bounced all over the lineup. I thought Granlund and Coyle were better on the wings and I don't think Haula has the upside. I thought Edmonton fans so no to RNH for Dumba and I see Namestnikov as being just below RNH so closer in value to Dumba.
Haula is a better player than Namestnikov and has 2nd line center upside. Hard to think Namestnikov is much of an upgrade to justify trading away Dumba.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
How much more?

Zibanejad would be just below RNH/Stepan.

Namestnikov is not close to that. He's another 2/3C (ie Granny, Coyle, Haula, JEE). But probably ends up better as a wing (Granny, Coyle).

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Zibanejad would be just below RNH/Stepan.

Namestnikov is not close to that. He's another 2/3C (ie Granny, Coyle, Haula, JEE). But probably ends up better as a wing (Granny, Coyle).

RNH has played almost 3 times as many games and his best season is 56 points while being a top 6 player. Zibanajeb has twice as many games and his best season is 51 points while playing in the top 6. Namestnikov hit 35 points in his first full season while mostly in the bottom 6. His points per 60 were extremely high, put him in a top 6 and he closes the gap on those two. I believe both are better than him but they're 60-65 point low end 1C's, Namestnikov is a 55-60 point high end 2C.

He can play wing but has looked better at center.

AOSC

Jun 26, 2013
Minnesota
This Charlie Coyle trade ideas need to stop. He's one of the few guys who has size on our forward lineup and is a damn good player.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Girgensons or E. Kane for Dumba?
Would either of those players be of interest?

can't afford Kane (and the whole black sheep thing he has going on).

I like Grigs but would have to be more coming back the the Wild.

Besides Buf would be better off going after Scandella or Brodin as a LHD.

dkollidas

Nov 18, 2010
can't afford Kane (and the whole black sheep thing he has going on).

I like Grigs but would have to be more coming back the the Wild.

Besides Buf would be better off going after Scandella or Brodin as a LHD.

Only thing IMO is with Kulikov in the fold, Buffalo has Kulikov/Gorges/McCabe on the left.
On the right Ristolainen/Bogosian is fine, but after that it's a toss-up between Franson and Nelson.

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
The question i ask is who are the Wild planning on protecting in the upcoming draft. That's going to influence the trade value of their Dmen. Suter, spurgen, scandella, Brodin, Dumba seems like one too many.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The question i ask is who are the Wild planning on protecting in the upcoming draft. That's going to influence the trade value of their Dmen. Suter, spurgen, scandella, Brodin, Dumba seems like one too many.

Suter for sure, damn NMC. The other two is up in the air depending on next season.

Even if the Wild lose any of the rest they still have a strong top-4. Getting anything less than full market value for a d-man would leave them with 3 top-4 filled and whatever pieces/parts the Wild get in trade (if Vegas takes a dman).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->