Injury Report: Matt Dumba (Upper-body, out significant amount of time)

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Nope, just expected back in March, when they originally thought April.

I'd like to think the team has a better time frame than sometime next month and just aren't saying when; but I don't trust the Wild's med staff to be right about things very often.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'd like to think the team has a better time frame than sometime next month and just aren't saying when; but I don't trust the Wild's med staff to be right about things very often.
Oh, I'm sure internally they have something more specific in mind.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
STH ticket renewal emails went out and included a message from Leipold. He just casually dropped that Dumba is out the rest of the season.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Interesting. Probably for the best. Any other good info in there?
The only other interesting bit is he emphasized they aren't done with the trades that have happened so far and plan to make more moves this summer with their newly acquired cap space. The rest was pretty boilerplate BS to defend their recent moves, team's younger, faster, has a bright future, no rebuild coming just building as they go, full faith in Fenton's abilities at finding talent around the league, drafting and developing.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
STH ticket renewal emails went out and included a message from Leipold. He just casually dropped that Dumba is out the rest of the season.
I don't think this is a drop at all. They said when the injury happened that he wouldn't be back until April. That's virtually the end of the season, and I think that's the timeline he's generally referring to.

That said, others behind the scenes think there's a chance he returns within the month of March, as he's apparently ahead of schedule in his rehab, but nobody has gone on record on that so we're still left with virtually out for the season, and that's in the range of what Craig just said.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't think this is a drop at all. They said when the injury happened that he wouldn't be back until April. That's virtually the end of the season, and I think that's the timeline he's generally referring to.

That said, others behind the scenes think there's a chance he returns within the month of March, as he's apparently ahead of schedule in his rehab, but nobody has gone on record on that so we're still left with virtually out for the season, and that's in the range of what Craig just said.

It also covers the GM for not playing Dumba at less that 100% if the Wild poo the bed and aren't in the Playoff picture. If they were within a couple of points (in or out) and Dumba was cleared to play at 80% he'd be playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad