Value of: Matt Duchene

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Duchene is likely getting $8M per, the Uber video was done last year and it might have been childish statement it really doesn't hurt his value. Sens are a terrible team, he still had a decent season given the problems. Finding a possible 1C or strong 2C, especially when inferior players playing lesser position in Kane and JVR snagged $7M deals.

Sens if they want any value need to entertain a trade sooner than later. I don't believe they've even discussed extension, but given the cheap owner will unlikely offer anything near MV which could only drive his trade value lower.
Pretty sure the video is as recent as late Oct. Not the 2017 date you see in the video. Chris Tierney is in the video.

Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Is it just me or is Matt Duchene gives off an impression as a 'black cloud.'

Was considered a core player for Colorado, but Colorado just never got out of the dumps. Got traded to Ottawa leading to Ottawa's free fall.

Just hasn't had a positive impact on the organizations he's played for.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
You could be right. But you aren't allowing anything at all for this latest incident. Its just my opinion but I wouldn't allow him anywhere near my team for any price. If just 1 or 2 GMs want him, it doesn't create much of a bidding war. Maybe it becomes more about term than AAV. Maybe some team is willing to throw a lot of money at him, as long as they don't have to commit long term. Any team that gives him both money and term will likely regret it.

Almost every former player or exec who has commented has written off the Uber comments as things every player says and not #lockerroomcancer material. This incident won't register in July when teams are deciding whether or not to offer Duchene a big contract.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
You're overselling him. I don't know how much of an attitude problem is, but I would bet that NHL insiders would. That will determine on whether or not he makes a long term contract north of 6M. His career has been plateauing, at best, in recent years. No one should sign him and hope that he has any upside beyond what he has shown.

I never stated he'd be signed with hope of any upside.

I've stated that centers are more valuable than wingers, and two prominent wingers with Duchene's level of production and age range got 7M last year.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Duchene is likely getting $8M per, the Uber video was done last year and it might have been childish statement it really doesn't hurt his value. Sens are a terrible team, he still had a decent season given the problems. Finding a possible 1C or strong 2C, especially when inferior players playing lesser position in Kane and JVR snagged $7M deals.

Sens if they want any value need to entertain a trade sooner than later. I don't believe they've even discussed extension, but given the cheap owner will unlikely offer anything near MV which could only drive his trade value lower.

The video is from October 29th of this year (Last week). They released a statement about it. Demelo, Tierney are in the video.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
everyone who said his value is nothing will look pretty stupid when he get's traded.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Almost every former player or exec who has commented has written off the Uber comments as things every player says and not #lockerroomcancer material. This incident won't register in July when teams are deciding whether or not to offer Duchene a big contract.

What do you expect them to say?

Maybe it is just employees venting and criticizing their boss - but it was out in public. It was a couple of veterans who should know enough to try and foster a positive attitude, especially knowing the **** show their team has been going through. Those veterans were saying these things to and in front of, young players and rookies. They certainly should know better.

I may be blowing this out of proportion but I will stick by my opinion of Duchene. Wouldn't have him on my team.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Your really think Melnyk is going to pony up the 14m-16m a year for at least the next 5 years for both of them? I doubt it.

This might blow your mind, but he's actually been spending even more than 14m-16m a year ever since he bought the team!

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
The guy is poison to whatever team he's on. I wouldn't want him on my team.
Like the Gold medal U17 team? or Gold medal World Juniors Team? No?
How about the IH18 Gold medal team? Spangler Cup winning team? Or the two Gold and one Silver World Cup teams? Not those teams? The Gold medal World Championship team? No? Ooohhhhhhh you mean the Gold Medal Olympic team!

Strip that poisonous piece of garbage of his citizenship.

Brownbeard

Oct 6, 2017
Like the Gold medal U17 team? or Gold medal World Juniors Team? No?
How about the IH18 Gold medal team? Spangler Cup winning team? Or the two Gold and one Silver World Cup teams? Not those teams? The Gold medal World Championship team? No? Ooohhhhhhh you mean the Gold Medal Olympic team!

Strip that poisonous piece of garbage of his citizenship.

Like the Colorado Avalanche, who have been much, much better and a lot happier since he left. Also the Ottawa Senators who have been a shit show since he arrived.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Like the Colorado Avalanche, who have been much, much better and a lot happier since he left. Also the Ottawa Senators who have been a **** show since he arrived.
We've been a shit show for years. Karlsson just covered the mess up with his epicness.
No doubt Colorado is happy that they are winning. Ask any real Avs fan if Duchene was the reason they had missed the playoffs for so many years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad