Eriksson-Ek + 2019 (top 10 protected) 1st

or

Duchene (signed 7.5 x 7yr)

for

Eriksson-Ek + Greenway + 2019 (top 10 protected) 1st
You're dreaming.

Grabner

Feb 22, 2018
Eichel over Duchene is debatable, but Domi over him is laughable. Isn’t he a winger anyways? Or did he move to C in Montreal?

Duchene hasn’t been the most consistent but still a very good player and definitely a 1 C on majority of teams. Yes his attitude does need a huge change but still. You can’t blame players for venting some of their thoughts when their team isn’t doing well and isn’t trying. Idk where your getting “ a long and disappointing history on the ice” from

giphy.gif

Reactions: ThankGord

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Why do people think the Sens are going to get anything good for Duchene when they got a bunch of warm garbage for Karlsson?

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Colorado got better when they got rid of Duchene. Ottawa got worse when they got Duchene. Players like Duchene and Ryan OReilly are locker room killers and getting rid of them is addition by subtraction.

Ottawa didn't get worse when they got Duchene. They regressed hard from a conference final appearance which was a complete fluke in the first place.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
This is an over reaction. Look at twitter. A bunch of ex NHLers have all come out and said that this is common, for players to mock a coach. He isn't a locker room cancer, I see a bunch of players bonding together and the fact that Duchene busts his ass every game even when they are down 8-1.

Ottawas penalty kill IS garbage. He was right. The only thing I am taking away from the video is that the team has lost confidence in the assistant coach. The same assistant coach they kicked off the bench earlier this year.

I want Ottawa to re-sign Duchene.

I'm pretty sure Duchene's days in Ottawa are coming to an end, but the rest of the post I agree with.

Duchene isn't a locker room cancer, far from it. I wouldn't say he's a leader in the locker room but I fail to understand how Duchene, hanging out with a bunch of teammates and laughing with them is considered a cancer in the locker room. The team doesn't have trust in their coaches, and I mean for good reason - they even throw out some stats in the video too.

But on the topic of Duchene, my guess is a late 1st + B prospect + late pick.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Given all that has happened since Ottawa got Duchene I don't think they'll get much for him. Maybe a 2nd and a prospect.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Some team that needs a centre for a playoff run. But I don't think any team that is an iffy playoff team.....Carolina/NJ would risk a first rounder on him. So does Winnipeg do a similar deal like they did for Stastny, a late first rounder.

There are so many teams already near the cap next season. IMO there won't be many teams willing to overpay him as a UFA. Strange, his best fit still might be in Ottawa at 8m

Nobody is paying him 8 mil. Nobody. He might be hard pressed to get the same as his current contract. He really needs to impress the rest of this season just to get that.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
Ottawa didn't get worse when they got Duchene. They regressed hard from a conference final appearance which was a complete fluke in the first place.

Ottawa's play definitely declined when they upgraded from Turris to Duchene.

At the time of the trade, Ottawa had 17 points in 14 games (1.21 points per game, or a bubble team holding a playoff spot).

After the trade, Ottawa earned 50 points in 68 games (0.74 points per game, tanking them to 2nd worst team in the NHL).

The decline occurred quickly after the trade. Immediately after the trade, Ottawa beat Colorado back to back, but Ottawa then lost 7 straight (collecting only 1 point) and 11 of 12 games. Ottawa only collected 15 points over 23 games during the tail end of 2017 after acquiring Duchene.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I wouldn't take him if they were giving him away. Hard pass. A very fast but dumb player. The Uber tape confirms what is clear on the ice. Thick as a brick. Ottawa made what could turn out to be one of the worst trades in hockey history to get him; no one is going to give much for him as a rental.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The Sens will get a 1st, a late 1st type prospect, and another minor piece or a mid level player to dump cap. Basically, what they got back for Brassard (1st+Gustavsson+Ian Cole). They won't get back anywhere near what they gave up. The only chance of that would be Duchene agreeing to an extension with his new team prior to the trade. Even then, Ottawa isn't getting a high 1st+3rd+Bowers+UFA Turris.

This Uber thing won't hurt his value at all since GMs will recognize that every player in the game talks like that behind closed doors.

Duchene will get 8M give or take a bit on his next deal. Multiple 50-60 point type wingers got 7M last year as UFAs. The cap is expected to rise another few million, and centers under 30 are exceedingly rare as free agents.

If Ottawa manages to re-sign Duchene, I'm expecting 6-8 years, about 8M.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Nobody is paying him 8 mil. Nobody. He might be hard pressed to get the same as his current contract. He really needs to impress the rest of this season just to get that.

Kane and JVR both got 7 as UFA wingers coming off of 55ish point seasons.

With what will possibly be an 82-83 million dollar cap, it's conceivable that an under 30 center with similar production would get 8 million.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Kane and JVR both got 7 as UFA wingers coming off of 55ish point seasons.

With what will possibly be an 82-83 million dollar cap, it's conceivable that an under 30 center with similar production would get 8 million.

Yup. I think Duchene was gaining a bit of a 'loser' aura already. This incident will multiply the effect of that. He will need to do something to counteract that if he wants to restore his market value. If he is traded at the deadline and goes on a tear, all will be forgiven - see Kane. But otherwise, he is going to pay for this ****, IMO.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Yup. I think Duchene was gaining a bit of a 'loser' aura already. This incident will multiply the effect of that. He will need to do something to counteract that if he wants to restore his market value. If he is traded at the deadline and goes on a tear, all will be forgiven - see Kane. But otherwise, he is going to pay for this ****, IMO.

The guy has been a near point per game C in 2018, and the problems in Ottawa are seen as bigger than anyone player in that they mostly stem from ownership. I find it incredibly hard to believe that out of 31 GMs there's going to be this prevaong thought that Duchene is a loser so none of them will give him a market value deal as a UFA.

It doesn't make a lot of sense considering how hard centers of his production level are to acquire, and how often teams overspend on UFAs. I think it's a lot more likely that a GM overpays him on an awful contract (9-10 million) if he hits the open market than it is that he doesn't get market value.

Duchene would easily be the 2nd most valuable C behind Tavares to hit the open market in a very long time when judging by age+production.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The guy has been a near point per game C in 2018, and the problems in Ottawa are seen as bigger than anyone player in that they mostly stem from ownership. I find it incredibly hard to believe that out of 31 GMs there's going to be this prevaong thought that Duchene is a loser so none of them will give him a market value deal as a UFA.

It doesn't make a lot of sense considering how hard centers of his production level are to acquire, and how often teams overspend on UFAs. I think it's a lot more likely that a GM overpays him on an awful contract (9-10 million) if he hits the open market than it is that he doesn't get market value.

Duchene would easily be the 2nd most valuable C behind Tavares to hit the open market in a very long time when judging by age+production.
You're overselling him. I don't know how much of an attitude problem is, but I would bet that NHL insiders would. That will determine on whether or not he makes a long term contract north of 6M. His career has been plateauing, at best, in recent years. No one should sign him and hope that he has any upside beyond what he has shown.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Duchene is likely getting $8M per, the Uber video was done last year and it might have been childish statement it really doesn't hurt his value. Sens are a terrible team, he still had a decent season given the problems. Finding a possible 1C or strong 2C, especially when inferior players playing lesser position in Kane and JVR snagged $7M deals.

Sens if they want any value need to entertain a trade sooner than later. I don't believe they've even discussed extension, but given the cheap owner will unlikely offer anything near MV which could only drive his trade value lower.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

You could be right. But you aren't allowing anything at all for this latest incident. Its just my opinion but I wouldn't allow him anywhere near my team for any price. If just 1 or 2 GMs want him, it doesn't create much of a bidding war. Maybe it becomes more about term than AAV. Maybe some team is willing to throw a lot of money at him, as long as they don't have to commit long term. Any team that gives him both money and term will likely regret it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad