Value of: Matt Duchene

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
San Jose, Anaheim, La, Chicago, and Boston are all places I could see Duchene being good fits, places that have leadership already built in.

What I'd rather see though is Ottawa get rid of all the non problem starters and build around the guys TMZ would love. Ho Sang, Tom Wilson, Duchene, Evander Kane, Galchenyuk, Yakupov... Get Torts to coach and hire Sean Avery as an assistant.

If it's really all about the money, screw even trying to win. Try to score as many goals as possible and make games exciting.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
CBJ was rumored to be one of the top landing spots for Duchene prior to him being dealt to Ottawa.

I know he’s been getting heat within the past 24 hours, but he is the kind of center/player (on the ice) that the Jackets need badly.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
San Jose, Anaheim, La, Chicago, and Boston are all places I could see Duchene being good fits, places that have leadership already built in.

What I'd rather see though is Ottawa get rid of all the non problem starters and build around the guys TMZ would love. Ho Sang, Tom Wilson, Duchene, Evander Kane, Galchenyuk, Yakupov... Get Torts to coach and hire Sean Avery as an assistant.

If it's really all about the money, screw even trying to win. Try to score as many goals as possible and make games exciting.

Can you fill me in on Galch and Yak being included?

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Colorado got better when they got rid of Duchene. Ottawa got worse when they got Duchene. Players like Duchene and Ryan OReilly are locker room killers and getting rid of them is addition by subtraction.

Mmmmm do you know what happened in Ottawa between Karl and Hoff cause thats what happened tbh.

Kaeften

Mar 19, 2018
Sweden
Can you fill me in on Galch and Yak being included?
Dunno much about Galchenyuk, but I'm guessing Yak is included because of the whole Rail-ordeal and blaming his non-existent success on the NHL and how russians are said to be viewed, and not onhimself.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Some team that needs a centre for a playoff run. But I don't think any team that is an iffy playoff team.....Carolina/NJ would risk a first rounder on him. So does Winnipeg do a similar deal like they did for Stastny, a late first rounder.

There are so many teams already near the cap next season. IMO there won't be many teams willing to overpay him as a UFA. Strange, his best fit still might be in Ottawa at 8m

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad