Matt Duchene

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Best forward we've had since 2014 Spezza. Stone is up there too. That's why you can't count this team out. We're not as deep, but we have more top end talent than we've had in years.

Duchene knows it too:
Matt Duchene says counted-out Sens could spring surprise on league | CBC Sports
Teams like Dallas and Edmonton have had better top end talent than what we have and been garbage. Its not the top end guys we're worried about. Its the rest of the roster. We have 3 top 6 caliber forwards, a brutal defense and the goal tending and coaching are both handily in the bottom 3 of the league. Duchene, Stone and Karlsson could all get 100 points each but we'd still be a bottom 10 team. Gotta have depth and progressive strategies, which we don't.

Reactions: Variable26

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Also said no negotiations have taken place.

Top 4 players in UFA season. No negotiations with any of them.

Brilliant.

In the video he says he talked to Dorion throughout the summer about things, hes an awesome guy and been working hard. Great situation for me, 3 hours from home.

Really sounds like he's staying more than leaving.

If you can't give massive credit to direct quotes from the person themself , am not sure what else to say.

Reactions: coladin

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
In the video he says he talked to Dorion throughout the summer about things, hes an awesome guy and been working hard. Great situation for me, 3 hours from home.

Really sounds like he's staying more than leaving.

If you can't give massive credit to direct quotes from the person themself , am not sure what else to say.
He also said no negotiations had taken place.

No negotiations with EK
No negotiations with Dzingle
Negotiated a 1 year deal with Stone that makes him a UFA next summer and we can't negotiate until Jan, (if Dorion can find time in his busy schedule).

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
This team isn't signing anyone if that ownership news isn't true. At least one of them would have been done by now otherwise. No team would go in to the season with their 4 best players without a contract if it were business as usual.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
This team isn't signing anyone if that ownership news isn't true. At least one of them would have been done by now otherwise. No team would go in to the season with their 4 best players without a contract if it were business as usual.

look at Toronto. Nylon derived has no contract. Matthews and Marher are eligible to sign and have no deals.

Columbus. The Bob and Panarin are in the last year of their deals.

Dallas. Seguin. and he's "disappointed" about.

Reactions: Senator Blutarsky

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
look at Toronto. Nylon derived has no contract. Matthews and Marher are eligible to sign and have no deals.

Columbus. The Bob and Panarin are in the last year of their deals.

Dallas. Seguin. and he's "disappointed" about.
RFA’s are not the same as UFA’s

Reactions: Tuna99

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
RFA’s are not the same as UFA’s

I get that. But at the moment Nylander doesn't have a contract. his elc is done. other high profile kids have signed long term deals in July after year 2 of their ELCs. I wonder if Dubas and Shanahan have been asleep all summer

the Toronto guys are RFAs and the others UFAs

At least our guys have all expressed a clear interest in staying. In Columbus Panarin has been quite clear that he won't sign. In Dallas their elite 1C is publicly talking about being disappointed

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I get that. But at the moment Nylander doesn't have a contract. his elc is done. other high profile kids have signed long term deals in July after year 2 of their ELCs. I wonder if Dubas and Shanahan have been asleep all summer

the Toronto guys are RFAs and the others UFAs

At least our guys have all expressed a clear interest in staying. In Columbus Panarin has been quite clear that he won't sign. In Dallas their elite 1C is publicly talking about being disappointed
Umm, Nylander is still an RFA in this contract negotiation so he won't be walking for free like our top 4 players very well might. They also signed this guy named Tavares....

Bob will be 30 soon and looking for a Price type contract I am sure, Panarin is just an idiot. It's not like their entire top 4 players are unsigned and ready to walk, we are in uncharted waters here.

Seguin again wants to get paid and the rumour is he wants Tavares type money. Given the Wheeler contract, ages and statuses he has a much higher probability now of getting that contract.

Tell me again how ANY of these situations are similar to having your top 4 players all UFA's with no contract in a single year?

Reactions: milehigh11

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Umm, Nylander is still an RFA in this contract negotiation so he won't be walking for free like our top 4 players very well might. They also signed this guy named Tavares....

Bob will be 30 soon and looking for a Price type contract I am sure, Panarin is just an idiot. It's not like their entire top 4 players are unsigned and ready to walk, we are in uncharted waters here.

Seguin again wants to get paid and the rumour is he wants Tavares type money. Given the Wheeler contract, ages and statuses he has a much higher probability now of getting that contract.

Tell me again how ANY of these situations are similar to having your top 4 players all UFA's with no contract in a single year?
They aren't, but JD1 has great difficulty taking a critical look at the Sens and will spin on high speed anytime someone does.

The examples he cited are business as usual around the NHL.

Going into a season with your 4 top players as UFA's is not. I remain hopeful that this massive deviation from standard practice means the Sens are being sold.

Reactions: Engineer

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

Bob is a multi Vezina winner and a pending UFA. Panarin may well be an idiot but he's a pending UFA idiot and a very good hockey player.

how many in leaf nation anticipated training camp starting and the big 3 without new deals?

contract talks play out at different paces around the league and in our situation there are additional financial circumstances

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad