Proposal: Matt Duchene to OTT

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
This Sens fan has no problem with Chabot+ going the other way for either of Duchene or Landeskog.

Our defense is in pretty good shape and a guy like one of them could make our top 6 very hard to compete with.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Its pretty obvious we dont match up as trade partners ,so we need to move on .There will be other players that should shake free at the TD.No need to force a deal :nod:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Bottom line. Making threads of "Duchene to Ottawa" and you don't include Chabot, is an instant no from 99% of Avs fans. So why bother making the thread.

Tbh, I thought it was started by a Dallas fan for some reason...

Honestly, I don't think in a vacuum Ceci isn't an option, but it's just a terrible fit for Colorado.

Ottawa has little incentive to trade for Duchene imo, as they already have Turris and Brassard at center on team friendly deals, and Stone and Ryan at RW and while Duchene is an upgrade over some of those guys, it makes zero sense for us to push one of them to the 3rd line so that we can have the privilege of Paying Duchene 6 mil (something Ottawa clearly can't afford, both short and long term).

Ottawa definitely wants an elite #1 Center, but I don't personally see Duchene as the right fit for Ottawa either. He's just the best center rumoured to be available, so here we are. If Snow were to start talking about taking calls on Tavares, this place would probably be a ghost town, because the truth is Duchene isn't a great fit for Ottawa either, he's just the biggest fish in the market.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Ryan, Dzingel, Lazar, Neil?

I agree Stone is better but your statement is off.

You misunderstood me. Someone said Duchene is better than anyone we have at rw. I was pointing out that Stone is better.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
This Sens fan has no problem with Chabot+ going the other way for either of Duchene or Landeskog.

Our defense is in pretty good shape and a guy like one of them could make our top 6 very hard to compete with.

Until we lose Ceci or Methot to Vegas...

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
How about Duchene for Brassard, Chabot, Paul.

Even money (500K diff).

60955914.jpg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Even money (500K diff).

Brassard is getting ~3.5 mil in real dollars from the sens (bonus this year was paid out by NYR and his salary drops next season). Sens aren't a cap team, so cap hit is irrelevant to them, but in real dollars, Brassard's contract is a steal.

Not commenting on the value, just that Ottawa is taking on a lot of salary in that deal, they take on 5.5 mil switching from Brassard to Duchene over the next two seasons + whatever the difference remaining for this season is.

I honestly don't see how Ottawa can take on Duchene (knowing their budget is a concern) without sending back contracts that Colorado has no interest in. I mean, Ottawa could send Ryan, but Colorado wouldn't want that. Brass and Turris are on too team friendly a deal, and not in any way a target for Colorado, so they wouldn't likely be interested in balancing out the value using either of them. Phaneuf doesn't fit their long term plans. Methot, well, I don't think Ottawa is interested in losing him, and defensive D tend to get undervalued anyways, so it doesn't make much sense.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Until we lose Ceci or Methot to Vegas...

I feel as though they'll protect 4 D and lose one of Smith, Pageau, or Dzingel (also Ryan, though his contract is probably protection enough) rather than Methot or Ceci. We've got a blue chip forward in White that could potentially step into one of the forward roles next season, Chabot coming in as a top 4 D would be much harder to shelter.

I feel like some people are rushing to offer Ceci because of the expansion draft, but I think we end up protecting him and exposing 3 extra forwards instead.

Edit: For what it's worth, unless we package one of the 7 forwards we would protect in a trade, adding Duchene just means one of them gets exposed anyways. So the reality is if you don't see a gap between our 7th best forward and our 5th best, it might be better to protect 4 D rather than trade one to add a forward for fear of losing a D in the expansion.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Just try and look at it from their point of view. What would be acceptable from their roster for Turris? And for Hoffman?

Would you take a couple prospects and some #6D and #4C for either of them?

I have no idea why you can't understand that simple sentence :dunno:

"Sure that might not be the right package, but scraps?"

I'm not arguing the package, I said right away that it was NOT the right package. I am arguing the choice of words, explaining that none of Chabot, Perron, Claesson and two 1st round picks are scraps...

scrap definition : "Waste that either has no economic value or only the value of its basic material content recoverable through recycling."

Do blue chip/great prospects or 1st round picks qualify? Not in my books

That being said, if Ottawa was in the same position as Colorado, aka not being able to win a game in the NHL anymore, and was looking to fully rebuild then yes I'd deal Turris and someone like EJ for blue chip prospects and 1st round picks.

So hall (significantly better than duchene/landeskog) gets traded straight up for adam larrson but colorado fans want 2 blue chip prospects, a first and a top 6 roster player for either of these guys that are severely hnder performing...makes sense

You're exaggerating a bit but to summarize... yup. One proposal was Duchene + Beauchemin (50%) for Brassard + Chabot + 1st

Beauchemin at 50% will still be owed around 4 M$ so even then, he wouldn't be worth much at this point for Ottawa, maybe a 5th round pick?

So it's basically Duchene for Brassard + Chabot + 1st. If they get as close to that I'll be shocked.

Brassard might not be as talented as Duchene but his production is fairly similar however his defensive game seems to be much better. Brassard has great advanced stats. Best SF%, FF% and CF% on the Sens. His CF% RelTM is 9.0 :amazed: 5th in the league for all skaters with 200 minutes or more

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...eamid=0&type=corsi&sort=PCTRelTM&sortdir=DESC

Brassard since 2014-15 :

205 GP, 54 Goals, 88 Assists, 142 Points, + 25, 0.69 PPG

Duchene since 2014-15 :

198 GP, 66 Goals, 76 Assists, 142 Points, -20, 0.72 PPG

Ryan, Dzingel, Lazar, Neil?

I agree Stone is better but your statement is off.

OK English doesn't seem to be your first language. Anyone doesn't mean everyone...

Bottom line. Making threads of "Duchene to Ottawa" and you don't include Chabot, is an instant no from 99% of Avs fans. So why bother making the thread.

People not aware of that, aka who haven't read previous threads, will continue to make threads.

Seriously, what's so hard to understand?

If there was no expansion draft, I would maybe sacrifice Chabot for Duchene, but Chabot has a lot more value than usual right now because Sens are likely going to lose Methot to LV (or would have to expose Smith, Dzingel, Pageau and Ryan)

Even money (500K diff).

BIG NO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad