Proposal: Matt Duchene to OTT

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I know theres been alot of them but I wanna have my own & talk about this

Not much to talk about.

Ottawa has the pieces needed.

But the conversation starts and ends with Chabot.

If you are willing to include him, there might be a consensus on what has to be added to him (probably 1st + roster player with the Avs adding something as well depending on the roster player).

If not, the discussion is over before it starts...

And if you want to do yourself a favor, you should make sure that the names "Ceci" and "Ryan" will not appear in this thread after this post.

Believe me. You don't want that :P.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Not much to talk about.

Ottawa has the pieces needed.

But the conversation starts and ends with Chabot.

If you are willing to include him, there might be a consensus on what has to be added to him (probably 1st + roster player with the Avs adding something as well depending on the roster player).

If not, the discussion is over before it starts...

And if you want to do yourself a favor, you should make sure that the names "Ceci" and "Ryan" will not appear in this thread after this post.

Believe me. You don't want that :P.

Ok chief

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
:D

You are slipping NEB :P. Ceci is the more controversial name.

Should have included him..

As an Ottawa fan I wouldn't do Ceci and Chabot for Duchene, call me crazy.

Wouldn't even bother offering Ryan though as he has negative value in my mind.

I think if Ottawa makes a pitch for Duchene it'd include Brown. I think he may be too far down the road to interest Colorado, though.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

I think if Ottawa makes a pitch for Duchene it'd include Brown. I think he may be too far down the road to interest Colorado, though.

Yeah. No.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

Every rumor about the Avs for the last 2 years (regardless where you look) has been about them wanting young, quality defenseman.

Given the state of the team and the caliber of Duchene, the only realistic centerpiece of any deal has to be Chabot.

Avs already passed on Brown once. Highly doubt they want to trade Duchene for him as the centerpiece...

@NEB:

I am not sure about that one.

I think if the Aves really want leadership and make a deal with the Sens, it has to involve Phaneuf.

I mean that guy is a proven captain AND a D.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Duchene is a great player and it would take Chabot+ to get him.

But i personally wouldn't make that trade.

2 years left on that contract. So the Sens could only just have 2 years of Duchene and then he walks. The Sens then have nothing while the Avs will have Chabot for a long time.

And I don't know if we would be able to afford him considering the fact that Brassard, Karlsson, and Methot will also be up for a new contract by the time Duchenes contract ends.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Duchene is a great player and it would take Chabot+ to get him.

But i personally wouldn't make that trade.

2 years left on that contract. So the Sens could only just have 2 years of Duchene and then he walks. The Sens then have nothing while the Avs will have Chabot for a long time.

And I don't know if we would be able to afford him considering the fact that Brassard, Karlsson, and Methot will also be up for a new contract by the time Duchenes contract ends.

But if duchene re-signs with Ottawa, would you really need to keep brassard? Would seem a waste. I'm sure the send would be able to get a cheaper 3 C

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
But if duchene re-signs with Ottawa, would you really need to keep brassard? Would seem a waste. I'm sure the send would be able to get a cheaper 3 C

Your right. We probably could just let Brassard walk or trade him.

The biggest thing that would make me think twice about a Chabot+ Duchene trade is the term left on Duchenes contract.

Are teams able to talk to Duchene and garner how much interest he has in the team that is interested in him if the avs give permission?

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009

The biggest thing that would make me think twice about a Chabot+ Duchene trade is the term left on Duchenes contract.

Are teams able to talk to Duchene and garner how much interest he has in the team that is interested in him if the avs give permission?

It's possible.

But unless duchene is a complete d**k, at bet you'll probably get a
"We'd definitely entertain the idea of signing an extension when the time comes"

Highly doubt you'd get more than that.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011

He has 2.5 years left on his contract. Three playoff runs.

Right now he is not legally allowed to talk extension according to NHL rules...

Duchene
Mironov

For

Chabot
Dahlen
Ottawa 1st 2017
Lazar

Not bad but I think the Sens would need to dump some cap and the Avs would want a roster player in return.

I think Brassard would go the Avs way + Chabot + 1st with the Avs adding Beauch @50% (if the rumors are true) or a guy like Grigorenko...

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site

Not bad but I think the Sens would need to dump some cap and the Avs would want a roster player in return.

I think Brassard would go the Avs way + Chabot + 1st with the Avs adding Beauch @50% (if the rumors are true) or a guy like Grigorenko...

I was thinking Ottawa might rather have the depth of Brassard.

Lazar is a roster player(I know).

Would Ottawa really want a NMC defenseman? Even @50%?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I was thinking Ottawa might rather have the depth of Brassard.

Lazar is a roster player(I know).

Would Ottawa really want a NMC defenseman? Even @50%?

I am not sure that Sakic can sell the fanbase on Lazar of all people being the roster player coming back.

If he sucks as much for the Avs as he does for the Sens, casual fans won't like that one bit.

I mean Chabot is still 1-2 years our and the 1st even longer. Not sure Sakic can afford to trade Duchene away for a package in which Lazar of all people will be the only guy that will have an impact on the roster right away...

I don't think Beauchs NMC would be a problem. I think he would gladly get the hell out of Colorado right now to a playoff team.

Pretty sure that he could simply waive his NMC for expansion draft purposes to get the deal done...

Doubt that he would be interesting to Vegas anyways...

I was talking about Brassard because he seems the most expendable roster player with a high cap hit and also could "replace" Duchene in Colorado...

If the Sens want to keep him, they will have to include a guy like Ceci and I really don't want to have that discussion again.

Don't see any other viable roster player that could make sense for both sides...

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa

The upgrade from Brassard to Duchene isn't = to Chabot+1st and adding one of those pieces does nothing to help us. After resigning Smith, I think it killed any chance of us acquiring Duchene/Landeskog because we're going to protect Smitty. I don't want to move Chabot in a deal for Duchene.

Skiffer55

Logan Stanley's Cup
Jun 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
As good as Duchene is Ottawa can't afford to trade Chabot, their d core is bad now and not looking good for the future. They need Chabot to play in their top 4 as soon as next season.

I think Bobby Ryan has more value than Ceci. Nothing appealing about that player.

Vatican Roulette

Baile de Los Locos
Feb 28, 2002
Gorillaz-EPWRID
Visit site
I am not sure that Sakic can sell the fanbase on Lazar of all people being the roster player coming back.

If he sucks as much for the Avs as he does for the Sens, casual fans won't like that one bit.

I mean Chabot is still 1-2 years our and the 1st even longer. Not sure Sakic can afford to trade Duchene away for a package in which Lazar of all people will be the only guy that will have an impact on the roster right away...

I don't think Beauchs NMC would be a problem. I think he would gladly get the hell out of Colorado right now to a playoff team.

Pretty sure that he could simply waive his NMC for expansion draft purposes to get the deal done...

Doubt that he would be interesting to Vegas anyways...

I was talking about Brassard because he seems the most expendable roster player with a high cap hit and also could "replace" Duchene in Colorado...

If the Sens want to keep him, they will have to include a guy like Ceci and I really don't want to have that discussion again.

Don't see any other viable roster player that could make sense for both sides...

I don't think Ottawa wants another NMC on the books for the EXP draft.

Also, I don't think the fan base would notice Lazar as the return, but it's good for the org.

Trading Duchene won't be liked by the overall fan base, but whatcha gonna do?

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Avs are looking for pieces that Ottawa can't afford to move. There isn't a realistic deal here that both sides can make here. It's time to let the dream die.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Duchene is a good player but if we are moving our bluechip in Chabot, it has to be in a package for someone a helluva lot better. He simply isn't good enough to drag Ottawa into contender status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad