Sportsnet: Matt Duchene on contract: “If I had a gut feeling I’d probably go with it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
WTF does that even mean????

Means he doesn't want to sign with the Senators but doesn't want to offend anyone so he's being non-commital. It's the same 'play' that Parise and Tavares used. It's not really saying anything but that to me, speaks volumes. The Senators have had since July 1st, 2018 to lock him up long-term, you have to think that if Duchene truly wanted to be there, that deal would be signed.

Reactions: Sureves

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
In the middle of on going negotations, you aren't going to get a lot. Would be pretty easy to pull a line from this week and argue that it means he staying or going.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Duchene has to poop, but he can't, so he won't sign a contract?

Makes sense. If you are constipated, it really weighs on you after a while, till you can't really think about anything else.

Reactions: easton117

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Best part of this tweet is the confused memes and comments attached to it on twitter.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
It means he just took an antacid.

Makes sense. If you are constipated, it really weighs on you after a while, till you can't really think about anything else.

You can joke, but speaking from experience (not hockey related), it really is a "gut feeling" when you have to make a decision like this.

You can pour over all the information and contracts and everything, but sometimes one just "feels" right, and it all makes sense. I suspect he's waiting to see if he feels that before making a decision.

Clearly he hasn't felt it for Ottawa yet. That suggests that he most likely won't by July 1st (or perhaps more importantly, by Feb. 25th).

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
That he's currently undecided still.

This is much ado about absolutely nothing newsworthy.

I have no idea why Bukauskas felt this needed reporting.

Pretty much this. Doesn't mean something wont change his mind but at this point I would anticipate a trade between now and the TDL. I think that's what Bukauskas is reporting, not that it needs any more attention than it has already gotten as nothing has changed.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

Lol ruins the day it does.

Truthfully I don’t know why every player in their UFA season just doesn’t come out at the start of the year and say guys, I’m not talking contract once the season starts.

If media guys ask after that look at them like the pigeons they are, scratch your nose on camera and wait for the next question.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Truthfully I don’t know why every player in their UFA season just doesn’t come out at the start of the year and say guys, I’m not talking contract once the season starts.

If media guys ask after that look at them like the pigeons they are, scratch your nose on camera and wait for the next question.
Because then you'll be accused of having an attitude problem by PO'ed sportswriters who have to write something.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham

Best athlete press meetings I’ve ever seen...
2A685A83-F0FC-41CB-8931-EAB908F64D0E.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad