Speculation: Matt Duchene Megathread - All News/Proposals Go Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
On the other hand for the years 2013-17 for on-ice 5v5 goal stats Duchene ranks #321 among all forwards.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...ards&minutes=400&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

and for 5v5 on ice shot stats he ranks #452 among all forwards.

http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...ards&minutes=400&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

For 5v5 Corsi he's #454 among all forwards.

Those are 4th line #s.

We can make stats look like whatever we want. I think he's a good #2, you think he's a #1 A.

The bottom line is no one has been willing to pay the Avs price up till now. What if they never change the price and no one is willing to pay it?

Are you seriously using raw corsi / shot numbers? Are you going to drag out the +/- next?

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
* * *​

Well, this is embarrassing. I could have sworn you were one of the folks who'd been pushing the whole Murray-as-a-throw-in angle, but having gone through the last three Duchene threads I can't find anything like a post like that by you. Mea culpa.

* * *​

In that case, sorry for being so "demeaning". I thought you were just playing some annoying troll games.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Duchene had a very rough year by any measure. That's what is holding this deal up. Sakic wants a return commensurate with the player of the previous 5 years (and I don't blame him). While rival GMs aren't sure what they're getting.

It's the conundrum of dealing for a player whose most recent body of work was a low point. Makes it very tough to get a deal done. Basically both sides have to come down off their perception a bit.

Except...One of those perceptions is more right than the other, and whoever has that perception is very justified digging in their heels. The other party is at least minimally asking for more than they should.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
I get that, it's just that most of the things Sakic's said so far have led me to believe he's not dealing Duchene for anything less than what thinks is fair value and he's only been lowballed so far in his eyes.

It sounds like he's content to wait till the next trade deadline because nothing thus far has come close to meeting his expectations.

That is his negotiation tactic. Yes. He wants more. Other GM's want to pay less. Sakic has said he is WILLING to go into next season with Duchene. Hoping that another GM will bite the bullet and pony up. It is a poker game.

EdAVSfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2009
Except...One of those perceptions is more right than the other, and whoever has that perception is very justified digging in their heels. The other party is at least minimally asking for more than they should.

Lol, there's no right or wrong answer here when it comes to value.

Colorado has duchene, the rest of the league doesn't. Whoever wants him, pays the price of the team who holds him. If they don't want to pay, they don't get him.

There are far too many factors involved when making trades.

Has there been another comparable center, same situation traded this summer that gives you a distinct price on what duchene should be? I don't think so.

Value moves around constantly. It's not static. It's the reason why in one year a guy like erat can be traded for forsberg, and in another, vanek, traded for a 2nd and middling prospect.

This isn't a video game. There's no trade bars to fill that makes the deal go through.

Both sides are right. And neither side is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad