News Article: Matt Duchene Interview ESPN

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
Sure bud. He was joking with some buds and probably being a bit to honest in his jest. Which I'm sure what really makes anyone with the location of Ottawa upset.
He wasn't joking though and I don't understand what you mean about the location of Ottawa. He was running down the coaches and the team. His true colors were caught on video.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
He wasn't joking though and I don't understand what you mean about the location of Ottawa. He was running down the coaches and the team. His true colors were caught on video.
You must be an Ottawa fan.
I, for one, could care less what he said about that place. He ain’t gonna say it about Nashville, because Nashville is a dope city.

Reactions: predhead1

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
You must be an Ottawa fan.
I, for one, could care less what he said about that place. He ain’t gonna say it about Nashville, because Nashville is a dope city.
Nope and he didnt say anything about the place, he said it about his teammates and coaches, Duchene loves Ottawa hus Grandfather's farm where he spent lots of time as a child is close by.

You should watch the Uber video

I'm a fan of the team that got the enormous haul for him.

Matt was my favorite player at one time but his character has changed that. From his non stop talk of god to crying his way out of Colorado to the Uber videos , one wasn't released, he lost a lot of people's respect of him.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Nope and he didnt say anything about the place, he said it about his teammates and coaches, Duchene loves Ottawa hus Grandfather's farm where he spent lots of time as a child is close by.

The video is literally a bunch of players thinking they were having a private conversation complaining about their coaches while there team was struggling. I would be shocked if every team in the league didn't have similar conversations during the season that no one hears about because they should be kept private and not sold to TMZ by a shady Uber driver.

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia
The video is literally a bunch of players thinking they were having a private conversation complaining about their coaches while there team was struggling. I would be shocked if every team in the league didn't have similar conversations during the season that no one hears about because they should be kept private and not sold to TMZ by a shady Uber driver.
Nah he's veteran and should have been a leader , he's always looking to lay the blame elsewhere instead of looking in the mirror. That's the kind of person he is.

Just like his jumping up and down over scoring his 30th goal when the team was losing and trying to make the playoffs. Roy called him out on it an he never got over it. It was embarrassing for him.

He's very selfish that's just who he is

Anyhow my apologies for hijacking this thread and best of luck for the upcoming season.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Nah he's veteran and should have been a leader , he's always looking to lay the blame elsewhere instead of looking in the mirror. That's the kind of person he is.

Just like his jumping up and down over scoring his 30th goal when the team was losing and trying to make the playoffs. Roy called him out on it an he never got over it. It was embarrassing for him.

He's very selfish that's just who he is

Anyhow my apologies for hijacking this thread and best of luck for the upcoming season.

Sorry that Duchene seems to have personally wronged you so badly.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
No he was joking, he was joking on the coaches. He was joking that they keep doing the same things over and over and expect it to produce a different result. Here's Duchene's comments.

To Wideman:
In practice, when we break out against you guys, we get in every time
About coach Raymond
Marty Raymond, the only coach in NHL history to have the worst power play and the worst PK within a calendar year,”

“Here’s the other thing, too—we don’t change anything, ever,” says Duchene. “So why do we even have a meeting? I haven’t paid attention in three weeks.”

Is Wideman also a horrible person now too?

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
What group of employees doesnt get together outside of work and bitch about management? Especially if you have been out drinking together. What would've been unprofessional would be doing it knowing you were on the record.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
What group of employees doesnt get together outside of work and ***** about management? Especially if you have been out drinking together. What would've been unprofessional would be doing it knowing you were on the record.

This.

But Duchene should've been a leader in that team and leading by example. I get it, frustration boils over and it kind of shows how much he expects from himself and everyone around him.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis

Matt was my favorite player at one time but his character has changed that. From his non stop talk of god to crying his way out of Colorado to the Uber videos , one wasn't released, he lost a lot of people's respect of him.
Thanks for stopping by! Next~

Edit: I could be nicer. Sorry.
I believe he’ll be just fine based on the fact he WANTS to be in Nashville.. This is his preferred destination. He has no reason to bitch about anything going forward.
Could you ultimately be right in the end? Maybe, but adversely, perhaps not. Matt never had any questions against his character until his time in Colorado was almost done. Dude was burnt out. I’d celly too if I scored 30 for the first time in the NHL. At least he was trying to keep positive and set goals to push himself.. clearly he was thinking about it before the game. Perhaps if the rest of the team had his attitude, they would’ve made the playoffs that year.

But that’s just my hot take.:sarcasm:

Last edited:

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
This.

But Duchene should've been a leader in that team and leading by example. I get it, frustration boils over and it kind of shows how much he expects from himself and everyone around him.
Him vocalizing something (with teammates, presumably in private) that was perhaps a feeling shared by a lot of the team does not mean he wasn't being a leader. Leadership =/= towing the party line 100% of the time.

Reactions: Gh24

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Him vocalizing something (with teammates, presumably in private) that was perhaps a feeling shared by a lot of the team does not mean he wasn't being a leader. Leadership =/= towing the party line 100% of the time.

Anyway, wasn't O'Reilly supposedly a bad team player as well and a bit of a locker room problem as well before he went to a winning organization? Kinda see similarities between him and Duchene.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Anyway, wasn't O'Reilly supposedly a bad team player as well and a bit of a locker room problem as well before he went to a winning organization? Kinda see similarities between him and Duchene.
I want to say there some issues with contract talks with O'Reilly a couple of times and also an overinvolved/inflammatory parent/agent, but could be thinking of another player.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Plus, everything that Duchene is saying is objectively true. At the end of the day I'd rather have a player going out and being the best player on the ice for our team and complaining about poor coaching than a guy going out and being terrible while listening to everything the coaches say.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
Switching gears a little bit.......what are we expecting from him point wise? His point totals are all over the map for his career. Some years he is close to PPG and others he has had disappointing campaigns. I'm not really sure what to expect from him assuming he plays a full season. 60 pts?

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Switching gears a little bit.......what are we expecting from him point wise? His point totals are all over the map for his career. Some years he is close to PPG and others he has had disappointing campaigns. I'm not really sure what to expect from him assuming he plays a full season. 60 pts?

I think he's been close to PPG only in his contract years. He should be good for 60-65 points but take into account the Preds discount that every forward goes through coming here and you'll get 50-55 p.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I'll be disappointed if he's under 60 points given the contract we gave him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he finished anywhere between 50-70 points.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Has to be 60+ to be worth the contract, same goes for Johansen although he hasn't been held to that standard for his stint here
Of course they both could become worth it by their intangibles but until then, I'm expecting 60 as a bare minimum

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

If you think there aren't teammates all over the league that talk like that with each other you're high. It's no different than normal co-workers hanging out somewhere and making fun of their bosses. The biggest loser in the whole incident was the driver releasing the video.

He has wanted to play here for a long time (his words not mine) and he seems to be a genuinely good family guy. He'll be fine. One stupid conversation in an Uber that happens between players everywhere doesn't change that.

Also, lol at citing "his nonstop talk of god" as a reason to lose respect for him. Class move. If Rocco Grimaldi ever plays for the Sens you might need to boycott.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad