News Article: Matt Duchene Interview ESPN

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
On the topic of Duchene I found this quote by him from the Athletic about Andrew Luck abruptly retiring pretty interesting:

How will he know it’s time to walk away?
“I think when I can’t play at the (same) level and when I don’t have the drive to get to that level anymore. And I think everyone gets there at some point,” Duchene said. “I think what happens is other parts of your life come in, take over — family, stuff like that. I know it’s going to happen to me at some point but it’s not going to be for a while yet.”

Would be pretty useful for us if he retired if his game starts to decline and we're overpaying him in the last couple years of his contract.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
On the topic of Duchene I found this quote by him from the Athletic about Andrew Luck abruptly retiring pretty interesting:

How will he know it’s time to walk away?
“I think when I can’t play at the (same) level and when I don’t have the drive to get to that level anymore. And I think everyone gets there at some point,” Duchene said. “I think what happens is other parts of your life come in, take over — family, music career, stuff like that. I know it’s going to happen to me at some point but it’s not going to be for a while yet.”

Would be pretty useful for us if he retired if his game starts to decline and we're overpaying him in the last couple years of his contract.
I fear that this edit was omitted from his answer. :sarcasm:

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
I like the guy but I just wonder why he hasn't really found his place yet? Colorado, Ottawa, Columbus I don't know if he is not a locker room guy or if some find him difficult or selfish to play with? Could be he is just different but hope he finds his touch again in Nashville.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I like the guy but I just wonder why he hasn't really found his place yet? Colorado, Ottawa, Columbus I don't know if he is not a locker room guy or if some find him difficult or selfish to play with? Could be he is just different but hope he finds his touch again in Nashville.

Colorado seemed to be issues with the coaching and management as he alludes to a bit in this article. He got a lot of blame for the teams struggles and was constantly a part of trade rumors for years, which I'm sure doesn't help your psyche or serve to motivate you. This quote from the article is almost certainly talking about Roy " I've had times where I felt like I was playing against my coach more than I was playing against the other team. You're never going to get out of your team what you can with that."

After getting out of Colorado it seems like he hasn't had any issues. His trade to the Blue Jackets was just part of the Ottawa firesale and didn't seem to have anything to do with issues with the team. By all account Columbus wanted to keep him too so I don't see him leaving there as a red flag at all, but rather he got to choose where he wanted to go and got the opportunity to play in a city he loves with a contending team.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Yeah, I like that he actually talked about locker room culture and his personal growth in that area. Seems like he's going to easily assimilate into the leadership group, and hopefully with a long-term deal locked up he can just focus on hockey without distractions.

hido

Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Nashville
I don’t think we’ve ever had a top FA this freakin’ excited about coming here. Follow him on Instagram. He and his family seemingly are over the moon. Remember when the knock on us was no top tier players even remotely considered us?

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
I don’t think we’ve ever had a top FA this freakin’ excited about coming here. Follow him on Instagram. He and his family seemingly are over the moon. Remember when the knock on us was no top tier players even remotely considered us?
He was also excited when he went to Ottawa......

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
I liked it! I could not have said this better.

Duchene: A long time. Twitter and Instagram are just a black hole of negativity. I wish it was just not in existence,

True, but Twitter is kind of fun if you don't take it that seriously most of the time.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
True, but Twitter is kind of fun if you don't take it that seriously most of the time.

Or if you dont have a job to get fired from....

The proliferation of revenge doxxing and using years old posts to try to get people fired is why I'm glad every day that I never signed up for Twitter or Instagram

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Colorado seemed to be issues with the coaching and management as he alludes to a bit in this article. He got a lot of blame for the teams struggles and was constantly a part of trade rumors for years, which I'm sure doesn't help your psyche or serve to motivate you. This quote from the article is almost certainly talking about Roy " I've had times where I felt like I was playing against my coach more than I was playing against the other team. You're never going to get out of your team what you can with that."

After getting out of Colorado it seems like he hasn't had any issues. His trade to the Blue Jackets was just part of the Ottawa firesale and didn't seem to have anything to do with issues with the team. By all account Columbus wanted to keep him too so I don't see him leaving there as a red flag at all, but rather he got to choose where he wanted to go and got the opportunity to play in a city he loves with a contending team.

Are you really forgetting about the Uber incident after a Yotes game with Ottawa?

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Or if you dont have a job to get fired from....

The proliferation of revenge doxxing and using years old posts to try to get people fired is why I'm glad every day that I never signed up for Twitter or Instagram

While I agree it can be ridiculous to scour though years of tweets to try and find something someone once said, you could also just not be a terrible person and ever say racist/sexist/offensive things

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad