Matt Dillon & Jake McKenelley

JuniorMajeur

Oct 4, 2011
Gatineau
Can someone here can told me more about those 2 player?

Matt Dillon play for Islanders U18 in the USPHL and McKenelly play for Austin in USHS, thanks.

If some of you have so videos too, don't be shy to share.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Short overview from USPHLProspects.com -

122. Matt Dillon, '97, F, Islanders Hockey Club (Gatineau): In 24 games for Islanders Hockey Club U18, Matt Dillon tallied 2 goals and 9 assists for 11 total points. The '97 stands tall at 6'0", but weighs only 145 pounds. Dillon is uncommitted.

JuniorMajeur

Oct 4, 2011
Gatineau
But more then that.. what kind of players are they..

And to people who follow a lot the USHS league..

What is the caliber where Austin prep play?

I find they play in the division Elite/prep school in the Catholic Conference (League)..

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
From SBNCollegeHockey.com -
Matt Dillon, Gatineau, '97 F, Islanders (USPHL U18) - The Shrewsbury, Mass. native has yet to really grow into his body, but the raw talent is evident. He isn't a sure thing, but he's a player that possess the ability to elevate his game. He played with the Boston Junior Bruins before moving over to the Islanders.

So basically he has potential and has a big body.

BruinsSharks

Feb 3, 2010
CMass
I live in the same town as Dillon and watched him about 10 times for Shrewsbury High this past season. Over 50 points on the season playing D for 3/4 of the season. Had 6 points in the state championship game.

Has great hands and his skating is very good. He is not all that assertive, picks his spots to really turn it on. He is over 6 feet tall now, he could still grow a bit more and I would think he will fill out over the next few years.

Too early to tell but will be a solid D3 player at a minimum in my opinion.

JuniorMajeur

Oct 4, 2011
Gatineau
I live in the same town as Dillon and watched him about 10 times for Shrewsbury High this past season. Over 50 points on the season playing D for 3/4 of the season. Had 6 points in the state championship game.

Has great hands and his skating is very good. He is not all that assertive, picks his spots to really turn it on. He is over 6 feet tall now, he could still grow a bit more and I would think he will fill out over the next few years.

Too early to tell but will be a solid D3 player at a minimum in my opinion.

Thanks for you answer. I heard he supposed to be at the Gatineau Olympiques training camp in August. A major junior hockey team. D3, you mean Division 3? So this is not a 'taht good' league then? right?

And he play defense or fowards? Because I can read here, he play like a fowards..

http://www.telegram.com/article/20140316/NEWS/303169871/1116

The first line of sophomore center Matt Dillon and twin brothers/wingers Dan and Jack Quinlivan led the way, combining for 13 points. That's one more than the talented trio had in the Colonials' first three playoff games.

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Thanks for you answer. I heard he supposed to be at the Gatineau Olympiques training camp in August. A major junior hockey team. D3, you mean Division 3? So this is not a 'taht good' league then? right?

And he play defense or fowards? Because I can read here, he play like a fowards..

http://www.telegram.com/article/20140316/NEWS/303169871/1116

The first line of sophomore center Matt Dillon and twin brothers/wingers Dan and Jack Quinlivan led the way, combining for 13 points. That's one more than the talented trio had in the Colonials' first three playoff games.

Plays forward but played D in the playoffs because, I'm guessing, he was the best player on the ice and the coach didn't want to show up the other team.

BruinsSharks

Feb 3, 2010
CMass
Plays forward but played D in the playoffs because, I'm guessing, he was the best player on the ice and the coach didn't want to show up the other team.

Just the opposite - played D for most of the season and when the offense went flat they moved him up to wing on the first line.

He stayed at forward through the playoffs and they put him on D only during power plays so they could get 3 other forwards on the ice.

I said at least a D3 college player as a floor for him. I expect him to go beyond that. Needs to put on a lot of weight in the next few years.

JuniorMajeur

Oct 4, 2011
Gatineau
I come back again with my question. I know McKennelly play for Austin prep again but no word anywhere on Matt Dillon.

I can't believe how hard it is to find stats from ua leagues versus the canadian one..

Hope some one can really help me, thanks.

barryQ

Dec 28, 2014

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad