Matt Carle or Jack Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

I don't know about Carle being on a tier above Bourdon. If anything, it's the other way around.

PuckFan01

Apr 14, 2002
Visit site
Chrisd said:
matt carle is freaking great, was a better college player then ryan suter i can tell u that much.

Considering Carle stayed in college two years longer than Suter, I don't think it is anything special to say he was a better college player. It is highly questionable to say that would have been the case has Suter stayed around as long as Carle did.

Patty Ice

Straight to the Banc
Feb 27, 2002
Not California
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
Carle will not be better then any of those in the future lol.........the guy is barely on the radar screen as far as prospects go........your talking about top end guys vs virtuously an unknown here..........it is not even close. Jack Johnson is head and shoulders above Carle as are many others.

So since you don't really follow college hockey, just who is hyped on HF...he has no chance of being a better? Grab a crowbar buddy cuz your head is real lodged in there. You may not know who he is (which begs to question: Why the **** are you arguing Carle's worth since you neither seen or heard of him?) but hockey personnel around the league sure do.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
X-SHARKIE said:
Hundreads of examples but since he's hot right now i'll use Cheechoo, he played three full seasons in the AHL and didn't arive until age 23 and only had 9 goals his rookie season.

Paul Martin's another one that comes to mind.

He's not renowned like Cheech is, but he's developing solidly and should eventually make a solid #2 offensive guy.

See also: almost every single dominant power forward who don't really blossom until the age of 25.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Patty Ice said:
So since you don't really follow college hockey, just who is hyped on HF...he has no chance of being a better? Grab a crowbar buddy cuz your head is real lodged in there. You may not know who he is (which begs to question: Why the **** are you arguing Carle's worth since you neither seen or heard of him?) but hockey personnel around the league sure do.

LOL @ you thinking you know something about me, or something about if i follow college hockey..........hillarious..........Honestly i dont give a **** if you trust my prospect knowledge or not because there are hundreds of scouts who would back me up LOL........that is afterall why Carle is an unknown LOL the guy is older then almost all of these prospects we are discussing and still is not even mentioned amongst them.

I think you missed the entire point of this thread which was that someone thought Carle was a better prospect then Jack Johnson which is absolutely ludicrous. :clap:

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
LOL @ you thinking you know something about me, or something about if i follow college hockey..........hillarious..........Honestly i dont give a **** if you trust my prospect knowledge or not because there are hundreds of scouts who would back me up LOL........that is afterall why Carle is an unknown LOL the guy is older then almost all of these prospects we are discussing and still is not even mentioned amongst them.

I think you missed the entire point of this thread which was that someone thought Carle was a better prospect then Jack Johnson which is absolutely ludicrous. :clap:
No offense, but how old are you? Carle is not an UNKOWN, and hasn't been for two years now. He is widely regarded as one of the best players in the entire collegate system. Most people at HF first heard of him after the Sharks signed him to an entry level deal, and then saw what amazing numbers he put up as a junior in a predomenately senior dominated league.

I myself am only 18, but I like to think I have a pretty good knowledge of most leagues. I don't comment on players I have NEVER SEEN PLAY, like 99 ****ing % of this board does. That is my biggest pet peeve around this place. I bet you have never seen Matt Carle play hockey for one second before.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
phaneuf_fan_3 said:

If Matt Carle, who is the best defenseman in college hockey and part of the Hobey Hat-trick, is an unknown to you.....

Carle is not better than Johnson, but those who are saying Johnson is >>> Carle are being equally ludicrous.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
jtuzzi said:
No offense, but how old are you? Carle is not an UNKOWN, and hasn't been for two years now. He is widely regarded as one of the best players in the entire collegate system. Most people at HF first heard of him after the Sharks signed him to an entry level deal, and then saw what amazing numbers he put up as a junior in a predomenately senior dominated league.

I myself am only 18, but I like to think I have a pretty good knowledge of most leagues. I don't comment on players I have NEVER SEEN PLAY, like 99 ****ing % of this board does. That is my biggest pet peeve around this place. I bet you have never seen Matt Carle play hockey for one second before.

An unknown on the prospect radar not unknown in general LMFAO :sarcasm:
Ive seen Carle play plenty of times and he does not rate in the same class as Jack Johnson.......for those that think he does, and apparently there are a few.......I would suggest you watch a little more of Jack Johnson.......then when your done watching him take into account that he is 18 and Carle is almost 4 years older.........then watch Jack Johnson absolutely destroy on video again.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
well its simple, most people at HF boards don't value a prospect if he's not a 1st rounder..

I don't get why people talk about players they haven't seen.

Matt Carle is clearly a special player, Like I've said I would take Jack Johnson, but it's not that clear cut, they both have incredible ability. Jack Johnson is gonna be good, but he did tail off A LOT as the season grinded on and didn't do much the second half or in the tourney.

Carle was better in college then Ryan Suter imo. Carle is a freaking stud.

Sammy*

phaneuf_fan_3 said:

I second the need for you to get a crowbar. You have now on two occasions said that Carle is an "unknown" & " is barely on the radar screen as far as prospects go".
Grab a clue there Bud. As we speak, those who have a clue know that he is a very highly thought of prospect & who has the potential to be a very good d-man.
He most certainly is known & is on the radar screen.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
Ive seen Carle play plenty of times and he does not rate in the same class as Jack Johnson.......for those that think he does, and apparently there are a few.......I would suggest you watch a little more of Jack Johnson.......then when your done watching him take into account that he is 18 and Carle is almost 4 years older.........then watch Jack Johnson absolutely destroy on video again.
He is not "unknown" on the prospect radar. HF posters generally only care about high first rounders, and discard most late picks. Dennis Wideman, Lee Stempniak, Chris Campoli, Kevin Bieksa, etc. are all late rounders that have had big impacts at the NHL level. Carle is a top notch defensive prospect, too.

By the way, where and what games have you seen Carle play in? Just curious, becase I really doubt that you would be saying this stuff if you have seen him play.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
exactly must not have seen him play the past 2 years cuz he's been dominant just about every game.

I don't think they get much denver pioneers coverage there in Brandon, Manitoba.

I don't even like the Pioneers but as someone who see's them play a ton to not see the potential in this kid is absurd.

Sammy*

phaneuf_fan_3 said:

Yeah, your posts are really to be believed. You've seen him lots of times ( :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: ) but say he is "unknown" & "not on the radar screen".

Good one.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
jtuzzi said:
He is not "unknown" on the prospect radar. HF posters generally only care about high first rounders, and discard most late picks. Dennis Wideman, Lee Stempniak, Chris Campoli, Kevin Bieksa, etc. are all late rounders that have had big impacts at the NHL level. Carle is a top notch defensive prospect, too.

By the way, where and what games have you seen Carle play in? Just curious, becase I really doubt that you would be saying this stuff if you have seen him play.

Carle has a great NCAA season so thus he is going to be a great pro or is a great prospect :sarcasm: ............you know what this reminds me of.......and being that your only 18 im sure it wont remind you of it as you likely were not around or following hockey back then............but it reminds me of Brenden Bell having a great junior season in the CHL and winning the Dman of the year in the entire CHL........or how about Andy Woszniewski (sp) having a great year and being named CHL Dman of the year.........both had great seasons.........both got hyped out of control because of it...........and both were and are not GREAT prospects.

You say that Carle is a GREAT prospect..........maybe where im missing the boat here is that your idea of GREAT is a lot wider of an area then mine.

Jack Johnson is one of the GREAT prospects we have seen on D in the last 10 years........Phaneuf being another.........there have not been a ton not even 1 a year that I would consider GREAT. So if you consider a ton of prospects GREAT prospects maybe that explains a lot........sorry but i dont consider a 2nd or 3rd pairing dman at the NHL level as being a GREAT prospect.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Chrisd said:
exactly must not have seen him play the past 2 years cuz he's been dominant just about every game.

I don't think they get much denver pioneers coverage there in Brandon, Manitoba.

I don't even like the Pioneers but as someone who see's them play a ton to not see the potential in this kid is absurd.
I have a buddy who tapes all the NCAA games and sends em to me, and they showed lots of NCAA games on NHL Network over the last two years I have had it.

I would say I have seen Carle 5-6 times, which isn't even a huge amount.

Sammy*

Chrisd said:

I.
Oh, they do. There is a huge Carle following in Brandon so the get special feeds enabling them to see Carle play plenty of times . :biglaugh:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
Carle has a great NCAA season so thus he is going to be a great pro or is a great prospect :sarcasm: ............you know what this reminds me of.......and being that your only 18 im sure it wont remind you of it as you likely were not around or following hockey back then............but it reminds me of Brenden Bell having a great junior season in the CHL and winning the Dman of the year in the entire CHL........or how about Andy Woszniewski (sp) having a great year and being named CHL Dman of the year.........both had great seasons.........both got hyped out of control because of it...........and both were and are not GREAT prospects.

You say that Carle is a GREAT prospect..........maybe where im missing the boat here is that your idea of GREAT is a lot wider of an area then mine.

Jack Johnson is one of the GREAT prospects we have seen on D in the last 10 years........Phaneuf being another.........there have not been a ton not even 1 a year that I would consider GREAT. So if you consider a ton of prospects GREAT prospects maybe that explains a lot........sorry but i dont consider a 2nd or 3rd pairing dman at the NHL level as being a GREAT prospect.

Could you point out Carle's specific flaws and unique skills then? What he needs to work on, and what he is great at? I know, but do you?

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
phaneuf_fan_3 said:

I'm not going to bother with you, I hate this kind of debate. You have obviously never seen Carle play, saw Jack Johnson a few times at the WJC and labelled him a star, and so be it.

And don't poke fun at my hockey knowledge, I know a ton about hockey as I have a huge collection of old games on tape. My age has nothing to do with this debate, your incompetance does.

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
jtuzzi said:
I have a buddy who tapes all the NCAA games and sends em to me, and they showed lots of NCAA games on NHL Network over the last two years I have had it.

I would say I have seen Carle 5-6 times, which isn't even a huge amount.

wasn't questioning you, was questioning the guy who says he's not on the so called prospect "radar".

Like I said Carle was better then Ryan Suter or Liles in college. Not many are even arguing Jack Johnson has higher upside, but Carle is not all that far behind him. Jack isn't even the best defensive prospect named "Johnson".

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Chrisd said:
wasn't questioning you, was questioning the guy who says he's not on the so called prospect "radar".

Like I said Carle was better then Ryan Suter or Liles in college. Not many are even arguing Jack Johnson has higher upside, but Carle is not all that far behind him. Jack isn't even the best defensive prospect named "Johnson".
I think your confused, I am in total agreement with you. :) I was responding to the other person.

Sammy*

phaneuf_fan_3 said:

Bell nor Woszniewski have ever been as highly thought of as Carle is now, not even close. You might as well throw Ian White into the mix.
Carle is similarly thought of right now as Leopold was when he graduated .
Btw, Leo was on the radar screen at the time & very well known to those who have a clue.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Chrisd said:

LOL @ you wow your are a dick clearly........in fact we do have quite a few Denver Pioneer fans in Brandon thanks......it just so happens I have a friend who plays on the Pioneers team......I have seen plenty of tapes of them which he has sent me......I also went to Grand Forks and watched them play in October........have also seen other games more recently on the NHL Network........does that work for you hero or would you like my ticket stubs?

Chrisd

Dec 20, 2005
only fool here is you obviously, so blindly in love with dion and jacky you can't see there are other players out there.

If you had seen him play ( which you claim, which we all know is bs ) you would know what a player he is.

Keep on with your lies and lack of knowledge stooge.

Sammy*

phaneuf_fan_3 said:
it just so happens I have a friend who plays on the Pioneers team......I have seen plenty of tapes of them which he has sent me......I also went to Grand Forks and watched them play in October........have also seen other games more recently on the NHL Network........does that work for you hero or would you like my ticket stubs?

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Chrisd said:
only fool here is you obviously, so blindly in love with dion and jacky you can't see there are other players out there.

If you had seen him play ( which you claim, which we all know is bs ) you would know what a player he is.

Keep on with your lies and lack of knowledge stooge.

Yea i guess its just me who doesnt see that Carle is one of the top Dman prospects out there..........oh thats right.........no there is hundreds of NHL scouts out there that dont rank him anywhere near the top as well :biglaugh: :biglaugh: though as far as your concerned they are all stupid and only like top round picks.......or is that just the ppl on this board? If thats the case what is the reason that the NHL scouts dont rate him near the top? must be some solid reasons LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad