Matt Beleskey scores in every game of round 2

idiroft

Sep 21, 2012
Lisboa
Good for him. He will get paid come July 1st. Probably not by the Ducks is my guess. We will have to Sekac in his place next year.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
Really? Sekac good enough to replace him?

Very possibly. Sekac has a lot of untapped potential. He's shown flashes of serious skill. Beleskey has been playing out of his mind this year. I'd wager the vast, vast majority of hockey fans didn't know he existed until this year, despite him being in the league for over six years.

I can't predict the future but most Duck fans will agree that this season will probably be his career year by the time he retires. I'd love to see him prove me wrong, especially if he re-signs with us.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Very possibly. Sekac has a lot of untapped potential. He's shown flashes of serious skill. Beleskey has been playing out of his mind this year. I'd wager the vast, vast majority of hockey fans didn't know he existed until this year, despite him being in the league for over six years.

I can't predict the future but most Duck fans will agree that this season will probably be his career year by the time he retires. I'd love to see him prove me wrong, especially if he re-signs with us.

AS a Habs fan that watched Sekac closely in his time with us I think he has |top 6 ability in spades and still think we got robbed on the trade.

MonkeyBusiness

Mar 3, 2013
Really? Sekac good enough to replace him?

Sekac had 23 points as a rookie in his first year of professional NA hockey, it's not crazy to think he can match if not score more points than Beleskey. You also have to consider that he barely saw any PP time in Montreal and was played as a shutdown forward. He may not score 22 goals, but if given a bigger role I have no doubt he'll match Beleskey's point totals. Either way, the Ducks are in a good spot to not overpay for him and let a younger player take his spot.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Bels spent the offseason last year specifically working on his shooting. I think it paid off. I don't see why he can't be a 20+ scorer.. hell, he even missed 18 games this year and still got 22. Ducks won't be able to afford him, unfortunately.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I dunno, 22 goals this season is nice. 32 points ain't so great.

Fernando Pisani called.

Every team that goes deep has that one guy though. Dwight King had 4 goals in 5 games during the conference final in 2012.

Belesky will most likely get overpaid by someone, because NHL GM's can't not get seduced by UFA's, especially if they have a career year/playoff. Part of the business.

Evergreen

Beleskey is going to get PAID this offseason. He broke out at exactly the right time.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
Bels spent the offseason last year specifically working on his shooting. I think it paid off. I don't see why he can't be a 20+ scorer.. hell, he even missed 18 games this year and still got 22. Ducks won't be able to afford him, unfortunately.

He'll be a 20 goal, 15 assist type of guy who plays with an edge. If the Ducks could wrap him up for 3.5 mil I'd give him term. But in the open market I imagine a 4-4.5mil offer will swoop in right around July 1st.

TheStroker

Jun 13, 2012
USA
Every playoffs has a guy like this. The unsung hero who comes out of nowhere to lead his team to victory. This year it seems to be Belesky. Never heard of the guy before, but playoffs are where names are made.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Every playoffs has a guy like this. The unsung hero who comes out of nowhere to lead his team to victory. This year it seems to be Belesky. Never heard of the guy before, but playoffs are where names are made.

I think Silfverberg might have something to say about that too. 11 points in 9 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad